About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Midsized Remote Companies To Work for in 2023” by BuiltInSF.com
and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
Aurora Solar is looking for mindful and strategic product managers who have a passion for delivering simple, useful, and delightful solutions to complex problems. Our product managers are customer-obsessed product people who are dedicated to bringing the voice of our customers to every table and empowering our organization to solve the most important obstacles for our customers.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Set a compelling long-term vision for your product area that aligns with the overall top-level product vision
- Set a strategy to achieve that vision that is coherent with the company mission, the larger product and business strategy, the competitive landscape, and market trends
- Take in a range of inputs - data, user research, customer conversations, and internal stakeholder perspectives - then clarify and prioritize problem focus areas
- Define clear, measurable goals and metrics for your product area that represent success for our users, customers, and business
- Partner within and across teams, and contribute to a culture of camaraderie, psychological safety, and workplace satisfaction
What we value:
- Empathy: listens, appreciates, and promotes team members’ perspectives, goals, and opportunities
- Rigor: asks hard questions, uses data critically, validates assumptions, and continuously improves processes
- Outcome orientation: focuses on customer and business results rather than output
- Communication: able to clearly articulate ideas, concerns, and opportunities
- Leadership: able to rally and align a team without formal authority, and influence company management
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Our mission at Aurora is to create a future of solar energy for all. We aim to reflect that inclusivity in the people who imagine and build our product by creating an environment where diversity is cherished and where anyone—regardless of background—can thrive. We strive to always do better and know that by empowering people, we can power the planet.