About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Remote-First Companies To Work for in 2022” by BuiltInSF.com
and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
As a member of the Design Systems Team at Aurora Solar, you will be leading the organization’s content strategy for our product suite that spans across B2B and B2C saas products. You will develop governance workflows, and content guidelines that keep the organization nimble and successful, in a culture that values moving fast and iterating quickly. On the Design Systems Team, you will work cross-functionally with our Creative Director, Head of Research, Design Managers, and Product Directors, on the best end-user experiences, on-boarding guides, and identify key moments in the product to create a stronger and cohesive brand experience.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with our Creative Director and Design Systems Team to explore the brand mission and values, leading the creation of the voice and tone for Aurora’s software products, in addition to any product related materials
- Establish an editorial governance process, content playbook, voice/tone guide, and change management guidance for our organization
- Craft simple, straightforward, end-user writing that makes even the most complex concepts intuitive and easy to understand
- Oversee content requirements and create a clear content strategy framework with deliverables across the lifecycle of a project. This includes everything from content audits/gap analyses, to developing content strategies and roadmaps that align to stated business objectives
- Participate and support in the actual content creation with team members, including but not limited to deliverables such as content matrices, copy deck management, and editorial guidelines
- Develop lightweight, repeatable processes, workflows, and content templates for seamless integration of the language across the product
- Work closely with other project teams like Research, UX, UI/Creative, Marketing and Project Management to deliver a cohesive, collaborative, and consistent customer experience
What we value:
- Minimum of 5+ years in UX writing, content design, or content strategy on a product team
- Knowledge and passion for design libraries, standards, and taxonomies
- Great presentation skills (to internal teams, leadership, and clients)
- Background in writing content for web/mobile products and developing style guides for technology brands - at a B2B startup a plus!
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Economics, Public Relations, Journalism, Writing or related field
- Collaborative, communicative, organized, and personable
- A mix of big-picture thinking and detail-oriented execution
- Please include a portfolio of client writing samples in the application
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.