GreenBiz Group is a fast-growing media and events company that accelerates the just transition to a clean economy. Through events that galvanize, stories that amplify, and peer networks that bond, we define markets and advance opportunities at the intersection of business, technology, and sustainability. We are a passionate team of people that builds and empowers communities to confront the threats of climate change and solve the thorniest challenges of our time.
GreenBiz is looking for a Data Analytics Manager to join our collaborative and ambitious marketing team. You’re a great fit for this role if you have a strong background in digital marketing data analytics and enjoy collaborating across teams, asking thoughtful questions, and solving big problems. You’re able to maintain excellent attention to detail while moving quickly. You naturally take initiative and are excited by new challenges. If this resonates with you, we invite you to apply to join the GreenBiz team as our Data Analytics Manager.
Overall compensation (base salary + discretionary bonus) for this role will be provided commensurate with years of experience and qualifications within the following range: $90,000 - $120,000 plus health and wellness benefits.
Identify and apply appropriate methods to collect and analyze data from different digital sources, in order to elevate critical digital marketing trends, correlations, and patterns, report on KPIs, and advise on product strategy. Platforms include:
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Create, maintain and analyze reports for the marketing team, including but not limited to ecommerce transactions, website traffic, event registration, and subscriber list growth
- Establish best practices and implementation of end-to-end digital tagging, tracking, and analytics, including key points in the marketing funnel, e.g., online calls-to-action, forms, landing pages, and marketing campaigns
- Help teams define ad hoc insight needs and design analytic/reporting solutions to address them, e.g., online user behaviors, building target segment profiles, customer journeys, conversion, optimization, and attribution, measuring campaigns, and forecasting performance
- Manage data integrations and transfer of data between event registration platforms (CVENT, Hopin) and customer database
Assist with implementing and maintaining company’s data processes, collection systems, and reporting tools — includes collaborating with external contractors/vendors
- Partner with the marketing team to develop strategy, execute, monitor, and iterate on Marketo customer segmentation and lead scoring campaigns
- Help teams improve testing and optimization efforts by designing and implementing analytic solutions across multiple data sources (web analytics, email newsletter, subscription, etc.)
- Create and maintain reports to track KPIs, including but not limited to event registration revenue and registrants, customer lifetime value, subscriber growth
- Develop and present evidence-driven recommendations in written and report briefings, highlighting clear, compelling insights that inform team decisions and actions
- Collaborate across teams on revenue and audience growth strategies to ensure data and metrics are well-defined and implemented to meet team s’ execution and insight needs
- Develop and execute data quality and hygiene improvements to maintain data systems and database
- Minimum of 3 years of experience collecting and analyzing digital marketing and ecommerce data
- Proficient with Google Analytics & Google Tag Manager
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills, ensuring data is analyzed efficiently and effectively while keeping quality high
- Ability to work independently, at times with minimal guidance, demonstrating initiative, decision-making, problem-solving, accountability, and ownership of assigned tasks
- Curiosity combined with quick thinking, learning, and problem-solving abilities
- Team player with a flexible, collaborative attitude
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills and the ability to prioritize and deliver results in a fast-moving company with a wide variety of strategic initiatives
- Potential to travel to GreenBiz conferences
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Data Science or other related field
- Digital analytics or data analytics certification(s)
- Reporting on Marketo and Salesforce data
- SQL and data wrangling tools to organize, sort, and categorize data (e.g. Tableau/Excel/Power BI)
- Data visualizations
- Experience in media and/or business events industry
About GreenBiz Group
GreenBiz offers a culture that is collaborative, hardworking, and fun. Our office is located in the heart of downtown Oakland, California, just steps away from the 12th St. Oakland City Center BART and AC Transit lines. Currently, we are all working remotely from home. Please include a cover letter and resume when applying and familiarize yourself with our website at www.greenbiz.com.
We offer a competitive employee benefits package including:
- Full medical and dental benefits
- Retirement savings options
- Generous holiday schedule
- Discretionary paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Two paid volunteer days per year
- Reimbursement for home office expenses
- Employee stock option plan
GreenBiz Group requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and remote roles. GreenBiz Group provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements unless it results in undue hardship for the business. Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Employment Opportunity
GreenBiz Group values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. GreenBiz Group is an equal-opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.