About the Role:
As a IPM spraying team member, you will be responsible for the timely and consistent application of primarily biological crop protection products. You will also help to assist the greater IPM department in any scouting, labor, or other tasks as directed by the IPM Manager.
Updated resume with documented work history REQUIRED!
Schedule: Second Shift - 6:00pm to 2:00am
What You’ll Do:
- Has a primary responsibility to make crop protection product applications to the crop for control of pest and diseases?
- Following the spray schedule and rotation as laid out by the IPM Manager and growing staff.
- Accurate mixing and application of crop protection products.
- Programming each spraying cart in term of quantity of solution, speed of running, and pressure as directed by the IPM Manager.
- Responsible for day-to-day maintenance and cleaning of the spraying equipment after every use.
- Keeping accurate records of all products used, daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Helping with the distribution of beneficial insects in the greenhouse and scouting for any kind of pest when the spray schedule allows.
- Monitoring treated areas and evaluation of the efficacy of treatments together with the IPM Manager and Growers.
- Proper disposal of all crop protection containers and products.
- Report any incident/accident immediately to IPM Manager.
- Communicate any needs of parts for equipment to the IPM Manager.
- Place and remove signage for Reentry Time (REI) and the Pre harvest Interval (PHI) according to the specific product label.
- Have the ability to locate and identify very small objects such as insects.
- Be able to distribute beneficial insects based off IPM Manager instructions.
- Be able to work around bees.
- Keep application equipment and PPE clean and report any malfunction to the IPM Manager.
- Follow any instructions that were assigned by the IPM Manager.
- Follow all safety rules and Food Safety guidance. (Wearing proper PPE equipment when its required).
- Minimize waste, collect trash, and disposal according to sustainability initiatives.
- Provides advance notice to the IPM Manager when IPM material inventory levels require attention.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Been in your current position for at least 90 days with zero corrective actions related to performance or attendance
What We’re Looking For:
- Ability to work Second shift Mon – Fri 6:00pm to 2:00am.
- Must obtain a KY state Pesticide Applicator License within 30 Days of hire date.
- Ability to work with various measuring units both standard and metric.
- Ability to calculate treatments accurately and make conversions between various units. Gallons to Liters etc.…
- Able to work on electric trolley at heights of 10’ of the ground.
- Must have flexibility to work additional hours including weekends.
- Ability to read and interpret SDS sheets.
- Ability to wear specialized PPE like respirators, goggles, Face shield etc.
- Must be able to pass a pulmonary function test.
- Previous experience with application equipment is highly encouraged, but not required.
- Hours are determined by the needs of a controlled-environment agriculture system and flexibility is required.
- Conditions typically found in a greenhouse with high humidity and varying temperatures (50oF to 99oF) and background noise approaching 85 decibels.
- Must have manual dexterity to perform computer skills and operate equipment.
- Visual and audio sensory are needed regularly.
- Exerting force of up to 50 lbs. Frequently, 20 lbs. constantly, and 10 lbs. frequently as part of lifting and moving product and equipment.
- Bending, stretching, twisting, crouching, grasping, reaching, and lifting above shoulders.
- Standing, sitting, and walking for prolonged periods of time may be required.