At Zoomo, our vision is to decarbonise the last mile delivery space. Since 2019, Zoomo has raised over $110M from some of the world’s savviest investors and built the world’s most innovative commercial e-bike platform with leading hardware and software tech. We're growing fast and already have a global footprint across Australia, EU, UK and the US. We are now the trusted partner to some of the world's leading and most innovative companies like Deliveroo, DoorDash, Flink, Getir, Gorillas, Just Eat, Milkrun, Uber, Wholefoods and many more.
Do you want to be part of a mission to decarbonise urban miles, lead the charge and smash through barriers? Do you get your energy from seeing the direct impact of your work on customers who need our solution? If so, we want to talk to you!
We are looking for a Corporate Counsel in Europe to support our largest and most dynamic market. You will be part of our broader global legal team spread across Australia and North America and will report to our General Counsel based in Sydney. Working on exciting strategic work as we scale at speed, you will also be innovative, think outside the box and devise solutions that are commercially minded.
Every day presents a new and exciting challenge to our legal team and we are looking for someone who is just as excited and passionate as we are to be part of the journey to the next stage of growth in the micro mobility space.
- Lead complex contract negotiations and apply a strategic and commercial lens to ensure that commercial outcomes that are best for business are achieved, while mitigating the business’s exposure to risk. This includes negotiating contracts with our B2B customers as well as our suppliers.
- Give accurate and timely legal advice to business stakeholders on dynamic, cross-jurisdictional areas of law including GDPR, commercial law, corporate law and governance, insurance, supply chain and logistics, and risk and compliance.
- Establish strong and constructive relationships with business stakeholders throughout Europe. This involves working closely and collaboratively with these stakeholders who will be looking to you as their go-to legal advisor.
- Take an active part in the creation of scalable processes to efficiently deal with various legal matters in your region.
- Manage external counsel and strategic advisors, regulators, public authorities etc.
- Assist in the management and resolution of actual, threatened, or potential litigation as well as queries from regulators.
- Identify key areas of risk in your region and regularly monitor compliance. This includes Maintaining an understanding of the laws and regulations relating to manufacturers and suppliers of LEVs in the micro mobility space.
- Translate complex legal advice in clear and simple terms to the business.
- Work with transparency, integrity and responsibility
- Admitted to practice in at least one country in Europe, ideally in a jurisidiction where Zoomo has a physical presence (UK, France, Germany or Spain). Remote work outside of London and other capital cities will be considered.
- 3-6 years experience with a top-tier international law firm or top multinational company. Bonus points for exposure to working in the electric vehicle industry or in clean energy.
- Demonstrated experience in advising on data privacy under the GDPR and other complex compliance matters, negotiating B2B agreements, SaaS agreements and hardware procurement agreements, and managing pre-litigation and litigation matters.
- Experience in or exposure to managing legal matters spanning across other European jurisdictions in order to provide the business with a sense-check as to reasonable courses of action.
- Ability to make sound recommendations to the business while communicating the rationale and legal implications behind these recommendations with clear and simple messaging. We are all about being enablers to the business.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with demonstrated success in working effectively with a diverse range of people, and an ability to communicate in a friendly and approachable manner.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
At Zoomo, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunities. We offer you the chance to be part of an organisation in hyper growth mode with plenty of opportunities for personal development, including:
- Attractive base salary plus performance related bonus and share options
- Flexible working hours and a hybrid remote/office work model
- Tech Allowance for BYO device
- Pet-friendly office at HQ
Zoomo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.