Redaptive is looking for a self-motivated, passionate, and collaborative Energy Analyst to work closely with our growing team based in the US & India. The Energy Analyst will collaborate with multiple teams such as the Customer Experience, Technical Solution Engineering, Data Science, Product Team(s), Business Intelligence and Business Development teams. We are looking for someone who is thrives in a fast-paced environment, can make the “gray area” his/her ally, and leverage his/her judgement to make decisions and display empathy and resilience. Redaptive is an energy management and technology company introducing the concept of EaaS (Efficiency-as-a-Service) and IoP (The Internet of Power) to the world. By successfully deploying energy savings projects with in house metering technology, we are not only saving our customers millions of dollars, but we are being also good to the environment with highly efficient spaces
- Independently conduct solar resource assessment, feasibility study, and compute energy yields using industry standard tools such as Helioscope/ Energy Toolbase/ PVBID/ DNV Soiling tool/ NREL Sam.
- Develop initial PV system concept/ layout which shall include technology assessment, tilt-pitch optimization, DC overload analysis.
- Perform design calculations, create solar photovoltaic rooftop, carport, and ground-mounted system layouts and designs.
- Manage design standards and build a design spec library for every type of install (flush/flat roof, ground, carport, tracking, floating, etc.).
- Work on engineering research for optimal design parameters (including regional soiling conditions), and component selection.
- Research local code requirements for appropriate setback distance from rooftop equipment, roof edge, walkway clearances, loading zone, etc.
- Ability to read and understand complex energy regulations and to summarize the key parts of the regulations that affect market opportunities and sales growth.
- Perform basic financial modelling for Solar projects based on different predefined strategies
- Interface with internal stakeholders to understand their design requirements, guidelines, and other items as required.
- Manage conceptual and detailed engineering design and bid documents, cost estimates, drawings, and specifications. Create, deliver, and maintain documentation for all project responsibilities as required.
- Comply with industry, trade, and jurisdictional safety standards, practices, and codes.
- Ensure successful project implementation which meets company objectives, financial parameters, and technical requirements to deliver customer energy cost savings.
- Support post installation analysis of system performance relative to forecasted production, including weather normalization.
- Typical working hours 11:30am to 8:30pm.
Job Requirements / Qualifications
About Redaptive Inc.
- Bachelors (minimum) / Masters (preferred) in an engineering field (Renewable/ Sustainability/ Mechanical / Electrical engineering), but other technical areas of study can also be considered with strong experience. Academic background in solar PV technology is preferred.
- 3~5 years of experience in PV Solar projects with a proven ability to apply domain knowledge in identifying new opportunities in the sector.
- Familiar with different PV and Storage system components such as PV modules, inverters, transformers, panelboards, data acquisition systems, metering, batteries, and module racking.
- Demonstrated understanding of current engineering principles associated with analysis of building electrical interconnection, solar power generation systems, data monitoring/reporting systems. Ability to evaluate building electrical drawings and specifications a plus.
- Familiarity with Solar design tools such as Helioscope (strongly preferred), PVSyst, PVSim, PVWatts, PVBid, DNV Soiling tool and Energy Toolbase.
- Should be comfortable handling large quantities of information and keep it organized. o Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Excel.Preferred Skills:
- Knowledge of the US solar market and various policy frameworks.
- Familiar with the US standards relevant to the Solar PV / Storage installations.
- Ability to interpret existing design constraints of interconnection Capacity Assessment (ICA) maps from various local and state US electric utilities.
- Ability to interpret utility rate tariffs, recommend rate tariff switch assessments, and research requirements to rate switch based on solar or solar plus storage system designs.
- Understanding and experience with solar and storage equipment cost estimation and the typical bill of materials for such systems o Knowledge of basic electricals i.e., power quality, harmonics, power factor, etc.
- Understanding and experience in solar storage technology is an added advantage. Behavioral Attribute:
- Able to thrive in a startup environment and work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Great attitude, willing, thoughtful, and proactive. o Excels in a fast-paced environment.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Comfortable with flexible working hours.
Redaptive is the leading Energy-as-a-Service company that enables businesses to meet largescale energy efficiency and strategic technology objectives. With over $1 billion in project lending capacity, Redaptive deploys best-in-class energy efficiency technologies across large commercial real estate portfolios through a unique, data driven shared savings model. Redaptive is backed by CarVal, ENGIE New Ventures, Linse Capital, CBRE, Evergy Ventures and CPP Investments.
Our company culture is fun, collaborative, and fast paced. We are passionate about changing the world and helping our customers to become more environmentally sustainable and profitable. We are looking for team members who are driven, passionate, and want to take on a diverse set of challenges to help grow a great company. Redaptive, Inc is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.This employer participates in E-Verify.CCPA Notice for California Job ApplicantsPlease, no third-party recruiters.