Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
We are looking for a highly driven Project Architect to lead the architectural discipline for our first-in-kind battery factory and beyond. This is an exciting opportunity to start from a blank slate and use first principles fundamentals to design the FormFactory as an inspiring piece of industrial architecture and great place to work, and to enable the most advanced high-volume battery manufacturing in the world.
This opportunity is based out of the Greater Pittsburgh Area
What You'll Do:
- Lead the architectural discipline, vision, planning and execution for our battery factories
- Own and execute on the architectural master plan of the factory (look, feel, people experience and industrial use).
- Architect of record for some projects for licensed candidates.
- Manage internal & external architectural and engineering consultants, driving their scoping, design reviews, deliverables and integration with all other engineering disciplines. You own the quality of their deliverables.
- Develop architectural design packages for permitting and construction.
- Own project quality, standards, specifications, drawing deliverables, code planning, and life safety designs.
- Drive engineering disciplines coordination.
- Work with manufacturing, construction, and facilities stakeholders to understand end user needs and deliver results that meet the collective needs.
- Assist with development of Scope of Work, Basis of Design, Scheduling, and Estimating documents.
- You will be working from the factory site in Weirton, WV and will participate in field construction support and quality control activities.
What You'll Bring:
- 8+ years of architectural experience in large commercial and industrial projects (e.g., manufacturing, data centers, hospitals, etc).
- Licensed architect, or ability to receive it.
- Experience in all phases Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, and Construction Administration.
- Experience in life safety code and plans in industrial applications
- Advanced proficiency in Revit.
- Exceptional drive, sense of ownership and resourcefulness.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or equivalent experience.
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.