Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
We are looking for an exceptional & entrepreneurial industrial engineering leader to spearhead the industrial planning & execution of our first-in-kind battery factory and beyond. In this role, you will build a team of industrial engineers, forge strong partnerships with technical & operational teams, and own layouts, and industrial and material flow analytics to scale to high volume. This is an exciting opportunity to start from a blank slate and use first principles fundamentals to design the FormFactory as a fully integrated product with the ambition to enable the most advanced high-volume battery manufacturing in the world.
This opportunity is based out of the Greater Pittsburgh Area.
What You'll Do:
- Build and lead the industrial engineering team responsible for designing, optimizing and owning the FormFactories Plan Of Record layouts, material flow design, line balancing, logistics planning, and industrial analytics
- Own material flow planning, including PFEP, buffer sizing, circulation modeling, conveyance automation, site, and space planning
- Develop material flow and layout metrics to drive factory efficiency with the cross-functional teams (manufacturing, operations…)
- Measure, establish, and optimize capacity specs/targets (OEE and cycle times)
- Maximize material flow efficiency, storage, inline and interline buffers
- Densify the factory, eliminating non-value-add movement or processes
- Understand and challenge every process in the factory with the goal to iteratively improve the factory as a product
- Distill many inputs into a few: delivering world-class decision support for senior leaders and executives
What You'll Bring:
- 8+ years of relevant experience (3+ years in leadership); high volume manufacturing experience preferred
- Passion for manufacturing. Track record of excellence in current and prior roles, demonstrable with metrics or KPIs.
- Knowledge in OEE, capacity planning, cycle time analysis, and line balancing
- Expertise in factory layout planning
- Experience in AutoCAD/Revit/Bluebeam/Flow Modeling software (FlexSim, vistable or equivalent)
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- BS/MS in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Systems Engineering, or similar
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.