Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
We are looking for an engineering leader to take on a broad range of technical, mentorship, and strategic responsibilities on the Electrical Systems Team. Your primary focus will be to support the delivery of a productized battery management and control system for our multi-day storage product, but the scope will extend into manufacturing and performance engineering as well. This is an opportunity to apply your expertise in software, control systems, and electronics in a dynamic product development environment team focused on decarbonizing the electric grid.
What You'll Do:
- Devise and refine the control system architecture for Form’s battery management and enclosure control systems; develop firmware for safety, signal processing, and control algorithms
- Select and design electronics solutions, sensors, and electro-mechanical interfaces within the productized battery enclosure
- Develop and execute test plans for component functionality and safety validation
- Mentor engineers towards robust software and hardware designs throughout the product development process; contribute to management duties as required
- Define technical requirements of manufacturing process control and metrology related to electronics and control systems
- Solve cross-functional problems that impact electronics, software, and controls across active material processing, cell assembly, module manufacturing, and system integration
- Be a technical liaison between the product development, manufacturing, supply chain, and project engineering functions at Form Energy
- Develop standard practices for software development, code review, and bug tracking processes at Form Energy
What You'll Bring:
- 15+ years experience in product development in renewable energy or battery systems with a focus on control systems and firmware
- Comprehensive technical and leadership capabilities in product development
- Deep experience with programming in a product development environment, including embedded systems and low-level languages; expertise in Python is a plus
- Comfortable specifying, selecting, and working with electrical engineering tools such as CAN loggers, software debuggers, oscilloscopes, multimeters, and power meters
- Comfortable with construction and manufacturing processes and equipment, particularly in the renewable energy industry
- Excellent problem-solving and technical communication skills
- Bachelor's degree or greater in software engineering, electrical engineering, or similar
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.