Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
We are looking for a highly driven modeling engineer to join our factory design team and own the energy and utilities modeling for our first-in-kind battery factory and beyond. This is an exciting opportunity to use first principles fundamentals to develop innovative utility systems and enable cutting edge infrastructure needed for our high-volume battery manufacturing.
This opportunity is based out of the Greater Pittsburgh area. Relocation assistance available.
What You'll Do:
- Fundamentally understand our manufacturing processes and scrutinize their utility needs. Challenge and optimize.
- Develop and own the factory utilities and energy model, linking it to our manufacturing capacity and processes.
- Partner with stakeholders to understand, aggregate and summarize site-wide utilities requirements.
- Identify factory-wide energy efficiency opportunities and develop innovative systems to achieve them (e.g., recover waste heat from furnaces to utilize into other processes).
- Conceptual design of innovative utility systems and/or optimize existing ones.
- Perform feasibility and techno-economic studies on capital projects and new equipment technologies to meet aggressive internal rate of return expectations.
- Perform capacity and risk analysis for large capital infrastructure.
- Analyze design field performance and recommend key improvements for future factory phases.
- Tackle infrastructure development challenges that blend complexity, objective thinking, and social interactions.
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of relevant experience, preferably designing new or retrofitting existing factories for high-volume manufacturing processes and/or executing large scale multi-disciplinary technical projects.
- Multiphysics modeling as well as utilities and manufacturing processes expertise.
- Ability to think on a system level while also showing depth of detail in principles that drive complex engineering problems.
- Team player who can build trust and influence diverse teams outside of direct reporting structure.
- Highly organized, enthusiastic and fast learner.
- Scientific programming and database skills are highly desirable (Matlab/Simulink, Revit, Python, SQL, or equivalent).
- Exceptional drive, sense of ownership and resourcefulness.
- Masters degree or higher in mechanical or chemical engineering or equivalent.
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.