Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
We are looking for a highly driven structural engineer to lead the structural discipline for our first-in-kind battery factory and beyond. This is an exciting opportunity to start from a blank slate and use first principles fundamentals to design the FormFactory infrastructure needed to achieve the most advanced high-volume battery manufacturing in the world.
This opportunity is based out of the Greater Pittsburgh Area
What You'll Do:
- Lead the structural engineering discipline. Responsible for the infrastructure structural engineering concepts, scope, deliverables, design reviews, permit packages and management of internal/external consultants.
- Engineer of Record (EOR) for some projects (if licensed).
- Responsible for a wide range of structural engineering deliverables, including: Building structures, foundations, mezzanine design, equipment anchorage, utility and equipment supports.
- Use engineering fundamentals and challenge project requirements to define best technical solutions.
- Analyze and design concrete, steel, and masonry structural elements of facilities.
- Create and justify structural calculations based on applicable material codes.
- Lead a team of Structural Engineers and Designers in the development of calculations, specifications, construction drawings, and the structural model.
- Take ultimate responsibility for all aspects of the deliverables, including calculations and all construction documents.
- You will be working from the factory site in Weirton, WV and will participate in field construction and commissioning activities.
What You'll Bring:
- 8+ years of structural engineering experience in large commercial and industrial infrastructure (e.g., manufacturing, data centers, hospitals, etc.).
- Structural professional engineer (P.E.) license or the ability to receive it.
- Knowledge of Structural Engineering pertaining to industrial building structures, floor loading, lateral force resisting structural systems, utility distribution support, and equipment anchorage.
- Working knowledge of U.S. building codes, including the IBC, ASCE 7, AISC 360, and ACI 318.
- Construction Administration services for building projects, including RFI responses and submittal reviews.
- Experience with Revit and BIM 360.
- Proficiency in structural finite element analysis software (ETABS, RISA, RAM) and structural calculation software (Enercalc, Hilti Profis).
- Exceptional drive, sense of ownership and resourcefulness.
- Bachelor’s degree in structural or civil engineering with a structural emphasis.
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.