Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
The Platform team, within the Software Engineering team, is responsible for deploying and maintaining common, cloud-based software and data infrastructure used across the company. As we continue to grow, this will include everything from our central data warehouse; to the distributed systems used to run our applications, data pipelines, and advanced modeling; to the data streams used to track and monitor manufacturing and plant operations. As the lead data engineer on the Platform team, this role will play a critical part in establishing data engineering patterns, selecting external services, and building relationships with partner teams. This is a unique opportunity to leverage and expand your data engineering experience to make a direct impact on climate change as part of a fast-growing team!
What You'll Do:
- Lead development and maintenance of data pipelines from internal software applications, IoT devices, enterprise systems, and third party APIs, to our Snowflake data warehouse
- Advise on data engineering best practices across the company
- Develop and manage end-to-end observability for new and existing data pipelines including implementing alerting and near real-time data visualization
- Partner with other teams across the company to identify opportunities to automate workflows, gather requirements, design robust solutions, and execute
- Monitor and optimize use of third party extract and load tools (we use Fivetran) and identify opportunities to in-source services
What You'll Bring:
Form Energy, where possible, embraces a digital work environment and supports onsite, hybrid, and remote types of work with office locations in Somerville, MA (Greater Boston), Berkeley, CA (San Francisco Bay Area), and Eighty Four, PA (Greater Pittsburgh). #LI-DNI
- 5+ years of professional experience as a data engineer, software engineer, or other data professional
- Strong command of python and SQL, with extensive experience working with cloud data warehouses like Snowflake, BigQuery, or Redshift
- 2+ years of experience working with a workflow orchestration tool like Dagster, Prefect, or Airflow
- Experience working with container orchestration tools, ideally AWS Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS) or Elastic Container Service (ECS)
- Experience with stream processing platforms like Apache Kafka or AWS Kinesis
- Curiosity, creativity, and tenacity when it comes to problem solving
- Experience working with SCADA and/or IoT systems, or in a research and development environment
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.