StreetLight pioneered the use of Big Data analytics to shed light on how people, goods, and services move, empowering smarter, data-driven transportation decisions. The company applies proprietary machine-learning algorithms and data processing resources to measure travel patterns of vehicles, bicycles and pedestrians that enable complex transportation problem solving using analytics available on SaaS platform, StreetLight InSight®. Acquired by Jacobs as a subsidiary in February 2022, StreetLight continues to provide innovative digital solutions to help communities reduce congestion, improve safe and equitable transportation, and maximize the positive impact of infrastructure investment.
As a member of our Sales management team, you will help communities become smart, sustainable and safer. You can become a leader in the transition to data-driven planning. Our clients are on the cusp of adopting Big Data solutions at scale, and we are one of the first companies to enter this high-potential industry. That means we need savvy, sophisticated sales professionals who can close complex deals and deliver value. Streetlight Data is seeking a Director of AEC Sales to join our team, managing a team of enterprise sales people and selling into large engineering consulting firms. The Director of AEC Sales will develop & expand relationships with key agencies at the State and Local level. The Director of AEC Sales has successfully led a sales team and has a proven track record of achieving and surpassing quota goals. The Director has the ability to develop new strategies based on dynamically changing market conditions. Previous experience selling to engineering, construction, transportation, government agencies, and/or architecture is a plus.
The role requires a leader who has a sharp mind and an ability to coach, advise, and motivate Enterprise Account Representatives that manage our direct channel sales and will help develop new channels this team can sell through by being able to:
- Create and execute a strategic sales plan that expands the AEC customer base
- Hire sales representatives, set objectives, train and coach them, and monitor their performance
- Identify knowledge gaps within the team and develop plans for filling them
- Ensure that company quotas are met by holding daily check-ins with sales team to set objectives and monitor progress
- Represent the company effectively with comprehensive knowledge of our offerings
- Research consumer needs and identify how our solutions address them
- Achieve company objectives by planning thoroughly, setting sales goals, analyzing performance data, and making forecasts
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, product, and other sales teams
- Act as the direct manager of a growing sales team to ensure high performance across lead generation and qualification of business to create a consistent, reliable pipeline of sales opportunities across all areas of the Sales organization
- Track and report on performance of both in-bound and out-bound lead performance to the VP of Sales and Director of Sales Ops
- Research and identify new business opportunities to fuel pipeline through cold calling, email outreach, and social media (especially LinkedIn); through contacting and qualifying all in-bound web leads; and through execution of marketing campaigns in partnership with the Marketing team
- Act as the voice of new business development across all market segments to the rest of the company to inform growth areas of new business opportunities and performance in existing verticals
- Coach and mentor Sales Representatives to ensure continued growth of team members and provide critical insight and feedback to achieve this as needed
- Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections, and share your insights with the broader sales and marketing team
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of products, industry trends, and competition in the mobility analytics industry
- Achieve monthly team quotas of sourced opportunities, and provide regular reports on achievements
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of business, marketing or engineering
- 10 + years of experience in complex sales to customers in a recognized technology industry, transportation, urban planning, or architectural-related field. Experience selling to and working with public sector agencies is highly desirable
- 5+ years managing a sales team
- Proven over-achievement with responsibility for a multimillion dollar quota
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Must be fluent in English
- Comfortable presenting to senior executive management and large audiences
- Strong financial skills and experience in creating new business opportunities
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to influence and manage multiple priorities are essential
- Team-oriented, flexible, and able to see the “big picture” - because our entire team must meet our goals for StreetLight Data to be successful
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 50% or as needed to achieve objectives
Why You will Love it Here:
- Fun company and team outings
- A great opportunity to grow your career as a sales professional with ample training and structure along the way
- Employer subsidized comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage in the US
- Paid company holidays plus accrued time off
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
Typical salary range for this position is $250,000 to $270,000 and is commensurate with experience relative to the position.
Interested? StreetLight Data offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
StreetLight Data is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. StreetLight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.