At Zoox we have set the goal to provide our customers with the highest level of safety while using our fully autonomous vehicles. You will work with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds such as robotics, control, and vehicle engineering, to deliver the vehicle performance using virtual tools and methodologies. In taking on the Vehicle Operations Team Lead role, you will be the field expert for tools, features, and functions related to Vehicle Operator workflows, coordinating and streamlining processes in support of Vehicle Operations at Zoox.
Vehicle Operators (“VOs”) at Zoox are at the forefront of turning our vision into reality. They ensure safety, maintain vehicle readiness, complete software and hardware tests, and represent our brand as ambassadors to the public.
As a Vehicle Operations Team Lead, your role will be to lead a team of VOs in ensuring they understand and execute on both short and long term targets. Team Leads at Zoox are hands-on with their team, working with & alongside them on a daily basis, leading by example to ensure all software and hardware tests are executed to Zoox’s high standards.
As a Team Lead, you will be working closely with other leaders within the Vehicle Operations organization, as well as assisting and interacting with multiple teams across the company, including computer vision, infrastructure, sound design, strategy, vehicle engineering, and go-to-market teams. Our Team Leads are disciplined team players, and believe in doing everything it takes to safely accomplish the mission.
- Uphold a safety-centric, inclusive, and open-communication culture
- Support vehicle operators in day-to-day operations
- Complete all administrative tasks with regards to team management, including, but not limited to, time sheet approval & schedule validation.
- Conduct written and oral performance feedback with direct reports at regular intervals
- Work closely with other Team Leads and Program/Project Managers within Vehicle Operators to ensure their team stays aligned with Zoox’s overall goals
- Become knowledge experts on Zoox’s proprietary software related to Vehicle Operations
- Motivate and mentor direct reports to execute and deliver to Zoox’s high standards
- Interact with contractors assigned to Zoox to answer questions, provide information, and ensure they understand and execute on their job assignments
- Support missions through a wide variety of roles in and out of vehicles
- Conduct testing 10 or more hours every week with a priority on safety, to ensure that you stay up-to-date with the current state of Vehicle Operations
- Support vehicle maintenance and logistics
- Conduct daily basic vehicle preventative maintenance checks, services, and repairs
- Provide logistical support for the movement and storage of vehicles and equipment
- Ensure the readiness and cleanliness of vehicles, equipment, and the workplace
- Assist with paperwork and documentation related to vehicle readiness
- Other related duties as assigned from time to time by leadership
- 2 years of autonomous vehicle operator experience and active AVT permit
- Experience working in a high-level collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality
- Proven ability to problem solve and improve operational efficiency
- Proactive mindset and resourcefulness
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to coordinate with team members and management and explain technical issues
- Excellent driving history
- Proactive mindset and resourcefulness
- 2+ years autonomous vehicle industry or operations experience
- Experience as an Instructor or Lead within an operations team, or equivalent management or leadership experience
- Experience in leading or managing a highly cross functional team
There are three major components to compensation for this position: pay, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The pay range for this position is $28.00/hr to $53.00/hr. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The pay range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position. Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.Vaccine Mandate
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR
have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.About Zoox
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.Follow us on LinkedInA Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.