Gradient’s mission is to cool the world by transforming every home to be more comfortable and healthy for the people who inhabit it — without compromising the environment. Today, heating and cooling equipment emit more greenhouse gas emissions than the entire transportation sector, and expansion in the use of cooling is projected to double these emissions in the next 30 years. However, comfortable buildings are critical for health and productivity, especially among communities that are vulnerable to the effects of climate change. Gradient’s vision is a future where everyone has access to comfortable buildings that are fully decarbonized. Our launch product is a direct-to-consumer high-efficiency and low-carbon heat pump.
We are looking for an experienced Staff Electrical Engineer to join us and help bring this vision to life. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a dynamic environment and is able to clearly define a problem, document a solution, and deliver that solution in a maintainable manner.
- Owning the design of all analog and digital electronics, from the idea stages through the completed manufacturing processes.
- Work cross functionally with business and product teams, while designing the electronic systems in Gradient's product roadmap.
- Building on existing schematics, part lists, and engineering requirements
- Defining function, configuration, and arrangement for circuit boards and system wiring and driving component selection to meet BOM targets.
- Prototyping and testing electronic designs
- Performing schematic capture and PCB layout for analog and digital, and RF circuit boards through fabrication and assembly drawings generation.
- Run design reviews to evaluate electronics including circuit boards within Treau's products.
- Establish and implement best practices around circuit design, board layouts, hardware verification, and electronics design controls.
- Interface with and support electronics consultants to meet company objectives.
- Evaluate, diagnose, and optimize performance of new electrical designs.
- Build electronics supply chain relationships and manage vendors for prototype builds, and interface with the operations team heading into production.
- Work with contract manufacturers to design functional circuit test fixtures.
- Track record of shipping new consumer or industrial electronics products on a tight schedule.
- Experience designing split analog/digital electronics
- 5+ years developing custom mixed signal electronic systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a closely related field.
- Experience with Design for Manufacturability, Design for Assembly, and Design for Testability.
- Experience with ECAD libraries and library configuration management.
- Experience managing others, either internal teams or consultants.
- Experience designing systems that incorporate wireless communication SoCs, especially WiFi and BLE.
- Proficiency with Altium.
- Experience shipping 2 or more consumer products.
- Experience with field-oriented control of BLDC motors.
- Masters degree in Electrical Engineering or a closely related field.
- Medical/vision/dental/life/disability insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Professional Development Stipend
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Relocation package ( out of state applicants only )
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Gradient Comfort is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.