At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.OVERVIEWBeyond Meat is focused on raising the bar on talent. We are dedicated to shaping an inclusive culture that drives excellence, innovation, and results by enabling talent acceleration and development, engagement, and the employee experience. The Supply Chain Team is a matrix organization within Beyond Meat that is dedicated to creating food products that are leading the gold standard in plant-based proteins. They are looking for an outstanding individual to join the team located in Devault, PA as a Warehouse Manager.The Warehouse Manager will manage and oversee all logistic activities including inventory control for all inbound, outbound, and production material movement to ensure efficient processes and maximize warehouse productivity. Responsibilities will include supervising employees, coordinating logistical processes, ensuring the quality of goods, and preparing relevant documentation. The Warehouse Manager will work closely with other departments across the facility to ensure they are adequately meeting the demands of the business.
TASKS, DUTIES, & GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for managing and maintaining control of all incoming and on-site inventory, which include ingredients, packaging, and WIP’s
- Daily validation of item receipts and warehouse inventory accuracy
- Maintaining records, reporting relevant information, and preparing any necessary documentation
- Ensure all inventories on hand are handled properly in warehouse inventory database throughout the reconciliation process
- Manage daily and quarterly cycle counts
- Manages flow of finished products away from production operations
- Maintain dock and storage facilities in an organized manner
- Team development through knowledge transfer and accountability
- Internally tracking and coordinating the receipt, storage, and timely delivery of goods and materials
- Ensuring standards and compliance with health and safety regulations are maintained
- Communicating and coordinating with other departments
- Lead issue resolution through root cause problem solving methodologies
- Develop and manage production warehouse stock level with the logistics’ team
- Supervise the inventory transaction process to ensure accuracy
- Right first-time delivery of goods and services to support operational goals and improving processes to support sustainable growth
- Keep equipment running by enforcing operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, requiring preventative maintenance, and calling for repairs
- Motivate the logistics team while being proactive in providing feedback opportunities for team members and requesting feedback on leadership
- Embrace and effectively coach others on the importance of change through understanding the positive role it plays in achieving business goals
- Adhere to all facility policies concerning safety, security, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Performs other duties, as assigned, and follows through on requests in a timely manner
- Lead, manage, and supervise warehouse employees, delegate training for all processes within the production area setting
- Provide mentorship and training to functional team members
- Accountable for developing talent through on-going performance feedback and career management coaching.
- Education, Technical Skills, and/or Previous Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, management, logistics; or equivalent work experience in a warehouse manufacturing environment
- 5 years of production/warehouse management experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Proficient with Warehouse Inventory Management programs
- SAP/ERP/WM/Master Data abilities strongly preferred
- 2-5 years of proven experience managing inventory and order reconciliation
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus, not a requirement
- Time management skills and the ability to delegate tasks
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and data entry softwareRoot cause analysis and strong problem-solving skills
- Warehouse and production manufacturing environment that includes both tempered and ambient areas.
- The work environment is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position requires the ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods, step, balance, crouch, stoop, kneel, squat, bend, must be able to lift minimal 50 lbs. occasionally, reach above shoulders, or as needed to complete tasks.
- Must be able to occasionally climb stairs or a ladder to complete tasks.
- Position located in a mix of production and office environments and requires a tolerance for consistent cold work environments (-10-40˚ F), high worker traffic, loud noises, odors, dust, and varying room temperatures.
- This position will be required to visit the production floor, refrigerated and frozen storage, and warehouses.
- Work flexible shifts as required.
- Travel may be required.
- Understand that overtime and occasional weekends and/or worked holidays will be required based on company needs.
The starting annual base pay for this role is between USD $79,000 and 90,000. The actual base is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. The role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and benefits. Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.Please note that Beyond Meat has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. All U.S. employees who (a) physically enter a Beyond Meat facility in the United States, (b) represent Beyond Meat at work-related events, including but not limited to trade shows and product demonstrations, or (c) physically enter customer or potential customer sites in connection with their work for Beyond Meat must take all necessary steps to be Fully Vaccinated as a condition of employment, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.