Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
We are looking for an exceptional project controls leader to support the execution of our first-in-kind battery factory and beyond. This is an exciting opportunity to start from a blank slate and use first principles fundamentals to plan a fully integrated execution of the FormFactory’s infrastructure (EPC) and manufacturing.
This opportunity is based out of the Greater Pittsburgh Area
What You'll Do:
- Build and lead the project controls team that owns the integrated schedule, estimating and cost tracking of the manufacturing infrastructure design, construction and ramp.
- Hire, organize, train, support and lead your project controls team; manage external consults.
- Develop budgets, cost reports, estimating, planning, integrated schedule, progress reporting, influence procurement and execution strategy, audit the project and change management.
- Integrate the plan from design, procurement, construction and manufacturing.
- Maintain source of truth construction budget and cost tracking.
- Provide data and executive level recommendations to support manufacturing development and planning. Support funding requests and executive reporting.
- Set goals, core principles, a culture of innovation, procedures and high expectations to enable highest team performance.
- Build effective relationships to ensure alignment with other leaders and company goals.
What You'll Bring:
- 10+ years of experience in construction planning and project controls, delivering on large commercial, industrial and manufacturing projects. 5+ years leading a project controls team (schedule, estimating and cost).
- Understanding of construction means and methods in equipment installations, civil, structural, architectural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing disciplines. You know how factories are built.
- Proven experience and expertise in developing large industrial infrastructure, ideally in support of high volume manufacturing.
- Experience in EPC Environment (Engineering, Procurement & Construction)managing both internal and external scheduling, cost and estimating resources.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, leadership, interpersonal and decision-making abilities.
- Experience managing conflicting objectives, compressed timelines within complex industrial project execution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering Degree or equivalent relevant experience.
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.