Solar power is the largest source of new energy in the world. Raptor Maps is a fast-growing, venture-backed, MIT-born climate tech startup that is building software to enable the solar energy industry to scale. Parties across the entire solar lifecycle use Raptor Maps’ data model to manage ever growing utility-scale solar portfolios. We are an industry leader with hundreds of customers, including owners, builders, operators, and aerial service providers, across over 45 countries with 200+ million solar panels under management. Our software platform is essential in the fight against climate change.
We’re looking for a talented full-time Product Manager to help develop and execute our product strategy for our Digital Twin. You’re a user-focused technologist with a knack for leadership, platform strategy and data-driven use cases who is comfortable working hands on with designers, engineers and other cross-functional stakeholders. You love to learn and are passionate about high quality product experiences in complex business environments. In this role, you would dive right into our fast-paced, multi-faceted product team and play a vital role in scaling our platform.
- Deep dive with users to understand their problems, needs, preferences and business context
- Lead product development efforts for your squad through discovery, development, go to market and iteration
- Be the expert on your squad’s products, their function and why they are important to the overall platform’s success
- Communicate and collaborate often with other Raptor Maps teams
- Own and develop your understanding of the rapidly growing and evolving solar power industry
- 3+ years of experience participating in the software product development process as a product manager, growth strategist, data scientist, designer or engineer
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions informed by qualitative and quantitative data
- Excellent written, oral and leadership skills
- Strong grasp of software as a service product design and business principles
- Ability to learn and speak the language of customers and cross-functional team members (engineering, design, operations, sales etc.)
- Must be primarily located in the contiguous US
- Must be authorized to work in the US
All Raptor Maps Team Members Have:
- Data science or analysis expertise
- Prior ownership of data reporting and analysis products
- Startup experience
- Understanding of utility scale or commercial and industrial solar technology or finance
Complete ownership and accountability over their role and success in the team.Transparency into the operations of the rest of the company and are expected to be transparent and communicate honestly and effectively.A sense of urgency. We are tackling a global problem, working in a fast-paced industry, and building a once in a lifetime company at Raptor Maps.Benefits
Raptor Maps is a remote-first company with employees across the country and headquarters at Greentown Labs in Boston, MA. Team members are free to work anywhere in the lower 48 states. A few remote benefits include:- Paid travel for in-person team trips- Healthcare with dental and vision options- Unlimited vacation policy - 401(k)- Desk budget- Monthly remote social events and plenty of DoorDash credit- Amazing team members that tend to love memes, pets, solar, and being active
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. However you identify, and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply if you’re excited about this role and the future of solar.
Check out details on our Series B