Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
We are seeking a highly skilled professional to develop and execute our capital projects, construction, and infrastructure sourcing strategy. This role will report to our Supply Chain Director and be a direct resource for our Form Factory, Engineering, Facilities, Capital Projects, and Manufacturing groups. Leveraging your construction management, sourcing, and negotiation experience, you will work alongside our factory engineering, construction management, project controls, and operations teams to build, maintain and manage key contractor relationships to ensure we can rapidly scale our battery manufacturing and ensure cost, quality, and delivery targets are met. This role offers the opportunity to join a fast-moving, dynamic environment where you’ll work alongside colleagues applying humanity, excellence, and creativity in all we do.
This opportunity is based out of Form Energy's Eighty Four, PA location (Greater Pittsburgh Area).
What You'll Do:
- Develop and execute commercial strategy to deliver on Form Energy's ambitious construction program and project timelines
- Daily management of engineering and construction contractors, status reporting, escalation, and the relentless pursuit of operational excellence and continuous improvement
- Develop and issue complete RFQ packages to engineering and construction services contractors
- Validate, analyze, and make sourcing recommendations based on internal and external capabilities, and proposal packages from vendors
- Work with Factory Engineering, Construction Management, Project Controls & Finance to develop effective project delivery models for Form Energy’s Capital Projects
- Negotiate pricing, scopes of work, commercial terms and issue PO’s for Engineering Services, Construction Services, Infrastructure, and MEP services
- Support organizational management objectives by identifying and negotiating commercial cost reduction opportunities, including self-perform vs. outsourcing decisions
- Cultivate Best-in-Industry contractor relationships, act as a single point of contact for all commercial and strategic issues within the supply base
- Develop a best-in-class, diverse and sustainable Approved Contractor list
What You'll Bring:
- At least 7 years of strategic sourcing and/or category management experience in a fast-paced, highly fluid environment; strategic sourcing role, preferably for engineering and construction categories
- 4+ years of managing teams with increasing responsibility
- Experience developing "should-cost" estimates and analyzing vendor quotes
- Ability to work both independently as well as to collaborate cross-functionally on multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to evaluate and analyze data to enable operational decision-making or present clear recommendations to leadership
- Understanding of contract fundamentals; demonstrated skills in supplier operational and relationship management
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approx. 30% of the time
- Bachelor or Masters in Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance, Industrial Engineering or a similar discipline
- Bonus points if: You have direct experience working on large construction, manufacturing build-out and/or infrastructure projects
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.