Join us on the journey to get to net zero
At Carbon Direct, we dedicate our scientific, software, and business expertise to empower organizations around the world to take climate action.Our Mission
Enable organizations to reduce, remove, and utilize their emissions with carbon scienceWe are a purpose-driven carbon management firm dedicated to helping organizations around the world reach their climate goals. We make carbon science accessible and actionable with our end-to-end platform.Global citizens with global impact
Whether a scientist, developer, or carbon markets expert, we are united by our mission to take climate action now. We are experts in our fields and we act with confidence. Located across 4 countries and 10+ states in the U.S., we offer both remote-friendly work options and dynamic, in-person experiences with offices located in Seattle, WA and Oakland, CA.Diverse backgrounds bring diverse perspectives
We recognize that teams with diverse backgrounds and different experiences are powerful. Bringing together a variety of perspectives only enhances how we can effectively address the climate crisis. Together, we are creating an environment where everyone is celebrated and anyone can succeed.
Carbon Direct is looking for a Brand and Creative Director to elevate our story and accelerate awareness and engagement among key buyers and purchase influencers in the market. In this role, the successful candidate will work with our global teams, including scientists, engineers, and policy analysts to shape creative design, company positioning, visual brand identity to deliver consistent brand experience. This individual will also work alongside marketing and company leadership to create and maintain a brand tone and style. This is the perfect opportunity for a flexible, self-directed individual with great attention to detail and the ability to quickly learn and build new processes to help us work smarter, not harder. Although a background in climate work is a plus but not a prerequisite, a passion for solving climate problems is essential.
- Partner closely with the Head of Marketing to provide leadership, strategic direction and vision for Carbon Direct company positioning, creative design, and visual brand identity.
- Partner with the Head of Marketing, product marketing, and strategy team to develop the positioning for Carbon Direct and its products and services.
- Oversee the development of breakthrough creative and activation ideas that align to the brand mission, connect authentically with enterprise clients, and ensure consistency of brand voice and visual identity across all channels.
- Manage and execute on the visual design of all Carbon Direct content assets, including website, social campaigns, presentations (sales and corporate), ad sets, and trade show and event presence.
- Work closely with executive leadership to develop high-quality presentations for speaking engagements, board meetings, company events, and investor presentations.
- Establish key brand engagement metrics and track these over time to ensure continued brand growth and awareness within Carbon Direct’s target market.
- Work with web developers and content teams to create, maintain, and continuously refine a world-class web presence that aligns to the customer journey.
- Partner closely with Carbon Direct’s product UI/UX team to ensure brand consistency across all sales and marketing materials and product interfaces.
- Manage all brand and creative agency relationships to ensure timely delivery of high-quality brand assets.
- Develop and maintain brand and style guides to ensure consistency across all Carbon Direct teams and third-party partners.
- Develop a brand awareness advertising strategy. Partner closely with the Head of Marketing to identify creative brand awareness opportunities to help Carbon Direct punch above its weight class.
- Manage other creative and web resources.
Experiences & Qualifications
- Significant experience helping to build early stage brands.
- Exceptional creative design skills with proven ability to execute and create consistency across mediums.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with company leaders and content teams to develop effective company positioning.
- Demonstrated ability to work directly with C-level leaders to develop presentations and other business-critical assets.
- Strong people-management experience. We are looking for individuals with a demonstrated track-record of building high-performing, highly-engaged teams.
- Experience with website development, including optimizing common Web CMS platforms.
- Strong presentation skills (oral and written).
- Demonstrated track record of understanding and rapidly incorporating industry trends across media formats and channels.
Base Pay Range: $160,000-$195,000Benefits
While we love our work, our lives aren’t defined by it. At Carbon Direct, we offer a robust benefits package that considers the whole person, their partners, and their families – and we’re always looking to improve.
Our U.S. benefits* include:Comprehensive nationwide medical, dental, and vision coverage. See a preview of our coverage here
.20 days of paid time off and 11 company-wide holidays16 weeks of paid parental and family leaveRemote-friendly work culture with annual company-wide retreatsReimbursement for your work-from-home setup
*These benefits apply to U.S.-based
employees only. Employees outside of the U.S. receive benefits that vary by country. To learn more, contact email@example.com
.Equal Opportunity Employer
Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way Carbon Direct selects and approaches the climate crisis, as well as the creativity and applicability of Carbon Direct's advisory and investment work.
Carbon Direct is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. We adhere rigorously to our equal employment opportunity policies in connection with all employment decisions, including hiring, compensation and promotion.