Join us on the journey to get to net zero
At Carbon Direct, we dedicate our scientific, software, and business expertise to empower organizations around the world to take climate action.Our Mission
Enable organizations to reduce, remove, and utilize their emissions with carbon scienceWe are a purpose-driven carbon management firm dedicated to helping organizations around the world reach their climate goals. We make carbon science accessible and actionable with our end-to-end platform.Global citizens with global impact
Whether a scientist, developer, or carbon markets expert, we are united by our mission to take climate action now. We are experts in our fields and we act with confidence. Located across 4 countries and 10+ states in the U.S., we offer both remote-friendly work options and dynamic, in-person experiences with offices located in Seattle, WA and Oakland, CA.Diverse backgrounds bring diverse perspectives
We recognize that teams with diverse backgrounds and different experiences are powerful. Bringing together a variety of perspectives only enhances how we can effectively address the climate crisis. Together, we are creating an environment where everyone is celebrated and anyone can succeed.
This role is on the Removals Journey team, which enables our clients procurement of high quality carbon removals to achieve their net zero goals. This team owns the carbon removals domain end-to-end. This includes supply ingestion: collecting and organizing carbon removals from a variety of sources. This domain also includes collaboration with the science team for review, quality assessments, and monitoring. And the domain includes collaboration with the commercial team to assemble diversified portfolios and maintain the overall purchase experience.
To succeed in this role you should be able to productively collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders, both technical and non-technical. You will help the team build new products and bring innovative carbon management solutions to market. You will put the user first, prioritize business impact, and pursue engineering excellence. You will lead discussions about strategy, architecture and roadmapping, fusing your engineering experience and commercial awareness. You will have ownership of all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) including design, development, documentation, testing, and operations. You will foster growth in other engineers and contribute to productive, supportive, and efficient team culture.
- Design and build distributed services, RESTful APIs, and performant data storage solutions. Monitor and maintain these systems to be performant and scalable.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle (SDLC), including design, development, documentation, testing, and operations. You will drive features from conception through to implementation onto delivery and provide post-release support.
- Collaborate closely with a diverse team of developers across a variety of domains. Flexibility is essential to keeping us nimble.
- Drive technical decisions and uphold a high quality bar for the codebases that you own.
- Lead the team to use best practices for data structures and API design. Build stable and healthy systems with appropriate quality checks to continuously improve code quality, test coverage, monitoring, and alerting
- Mentor junior developers and help the team continue to grow and improve. Maintain an inclusive culture where shared successes are valued over personal wins.
- Work with a variety of stakeholders across science, tech, product, marketing, and more to make pragmatic, impact driven decisions. Balance between business outcomes, product wins, design goals, and engineering excellence.
Experience & Qualifications
- Significant experience with Application Development and/or Platform Engineering
- You have experience building web services using modern frameworks like NodeJS. Experience working with NestJS is a plus.
- You have experience working with automated build and release (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Experience working with cloud providers (i.e. AWS, GCP) is a strong plus.
- You have experience building greenfield applications using agile methodologies.You are an excellent communicator, continuous learner, and cross-functional collaborator
- You thrive in a fast-paced, outcome-oriented professional environment that values diversity of thought and lived experiences.
- You have a passion for addressing climate change
- Experience working in the climate technology space is a strong plus
Base Pay Range: $160,000-$192,000*range covers multiple levels, as determined throughout the course of the interview processBenefits
While we love our work, our lives aren’t defined by it. At Carbon Direct, we offer a robust benefits package that considers the whole person, their partners, and their families – and we’re always looking to improve.
Our U.S. benefits* include:Comprehensive nationwide medical, dental, and vision coverage. See a preview of our coverage here
.20 days of paid time off and 11 company-wide holidays16 weeks of paid parental and family leaveRemote-friendly work culture with annual company-wide retreatsReimbursement for your work-from-home setup
*These benefits apply to U.S.-based
employees only. Employees outside of the U.S. receive benefits that vary by country. To learn more, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
.Equal Opportunity Employer
Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way Carbon Direct selects and approaches the climate crisis, as well as the creativity and applicability of Carbon Direct's advisory and investment work.
Carbon Direct is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. We adhere rigorously to our equal employment opportunity policies in connection with all employment decisions, including hiring, compensation and promotion.