Redaptive is searching for a dynamic, forward-thinking Director of Deal Structuring and Proposal Operations to lead, grow and optimize the company’s deal structuring and proposal operations functions. You will set strategic direction for your team of Analysts and Associates tasked with financial underwriting, structuring and delivering contractual proposals for all of Redaptive’s project transactions. You will be a key advisor and partner to the Sales team, providing leadership, guidance and improvement in financial modeling, underwriting and structuring deals. This position is part of our rapidly scaling Partnerships & Operations team and reports directly to the Chief Partnerships Officer.
The role is primarily an internal facing role that requires significant internal cross-functional collaboration spanning our sales, customer experience, engineering, pre-construction, legal, and finance teams. In this role you will have an opportunity to contribute in a direct and visible way to Redaptive’s top and bottom-line by accelerating deal structuring and proposals while managing Redaptive’s overall project profitability.Committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
- Manage Redaptive’s deal structuring and proposal operations functions and set the strategic direction for and lead a 4-person US based team and a matrixed and fast growing India based team
- Provide leadership, expertise and vision in financial underwriting approach, modeling and processes.
- Set the quality and delivery standards for the team, demonstrate the standards and hold the team accountable for excellence
- Accountable for the economic outcomes for all Redaptive deals – providing oversight and final approval
- Audit and oversee implementation of complex discounted cash flow financial models for the various technologies and products Redaptive offers
- Ensure and enforce governance processes for deals while meeting external deadlines
- Aid in legal deal document red lines for late-stage deals (red lines, language drafting, etc.)
- Provide guidance to Sales and Customer Experience teams about changing interest rates, pricing, deal economics, etc.
- Provide occasional support on client calls when discussing Redaptive’s financial impact
- Ad hoc customer account analysis to support new deal development
- Work on strategic improvements to Redaptive’s profitability modeling and insights into deal costs and payment terms to drive scale, speed and accuracy in deal underwriting
- Ad hoc development of new economic structures, technologies, etc.
- Collaborate across internal teams including sales, customer experience, engineering, pre-construction, legal, and finance
- Develop and manage KPIs to measure team performance
- 10+ years in a project finance, modeling or underwriting role with a minimum of 2 years managing a team in these areas
- Energy project financial modeling experience in an investment banking, ESCO, energy project development or similar environment required
- Quantitative and analytical skills with a deep understanding of energy performance contracts, Energy-as-a-Service or similar pay for performance financial and contracting structures. Tax equity experience a plus
- Seasoned expert level capabilities in Excel especially with discounted cash flow and other project financing functions. You will set the standard and be held accountable for your team’s performance to that standard – must be able to develop and audit financial models
- Experience with digesting, understanding and redlining complex legal documents
- Experience working with remote teams, experience managing India based teams a plus
- Passionate about energy and sustainability and reducing the impacts of climate change
- Demonstrated problem-solver, drive-for-results, and “closer” mindset
- Proven ability to balance bias-for-action with cross-team collaboration
- Articulate communicator with superior presentation development and delivery skills
- Demonstrated ability to absorb and learn new domains quickly
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across an organization with various different teams
- Ability to multitask and prioritize competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent commercial skills that can navigate complex enterprise structures
- Resourceful and comfortable operating in an entrepreneurial environment
- Holds high standards for self and others with demonstrated ability to make huge gains from status quo
- Have an ergonomically correct and functional work-from-home workstation set up; amenable to working from home for the foreseeable future Permanent Authorization in the US is required at this time.
About Redaptive Inc.
- Equity plan participation
- Company-subsidized benefits: medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts: healthcare and dependent care
- Immediately-vested 6% 401(k) match
- Monthly internet and cell phone allowance
- Flexible Time Away
- Fully remote-within-USA work environment with occasional in-person get togethers
- Volunteer activities
- Expected annual salary: 184k (subject to adjustment for relevant experience, skills, geo location)
- Annual at-target bonus: minimum 10% of salary depending on level of role
- Monthly Virtual Happy Hour
Redaptive is the leading Energy-as-a-Service company that enables businesses to meet largescale energy efficiency and strategic technology objectives. With over $1 billion in project lending capacity, Redaptive deploys best-in-class energy efficiency technologies across large commercial real estate portfolios through a unique, data driven shared savings model. Redaptive is backed by CarVal, ENGIE New Ventures, Linse Capital, CBRE, Evergy Ventures and CPP Investments.
Our company culture is fun, collaborative, and fast paced. We are passionate about changing the world and helping our customers to become more environmentally sustainable and profitable. We are looking for team members who are driven, passionate, and want to take on a diverse set of challenges to help grow a great company. Redaptive, Inc is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.This employer participates in E-Verify.CCPA Notice for California Job ApplicantsPlease, no third-party recruiters.