Zoox is looking for an Electrical Engineer to drive the Design for Serviceability (DFS). In this role, you will ensure the service readiness for the electrical/electronic components and systems on our products. You will perform evaluations of component/system/vehicle level diagnostic and controller programming functions and tools to ensure ease of use/understanding by the Base Operations technician teams. You will present comprehensive reports, findings, and opportunities to reduce cost, time, and motion. You will collaborate with Vehicle Engineering, Manufacturing, Industrial Design, and Prototyping to advocate for core initiatives that support the Maintenance and Repair optimization of our products. You will spend time with the field technicians evaluating the products and identify changes that will improve the overall electrical Serviceability and Maintainability of our products. Through feedback from the field team, you will identify, design, and provide the diagnostic/programming strategy and tools required to maintain and repair the electrical elements of our products.
- Establish relationships with Manufacturing, Validation, Product Development teams, to drive Serviceability requirements (Design for Serviceability) for every electronic control module and I/O.
- Evaluate electronic controls for part design interchangeability, HW/FW/SW compatibility, and bring-up requirements after replacement, in support of spare part and data file release strategy.
- Collaboratively design, develop, and validate the on-board and off-board diagnostic test tools for reporting diagnostic codes/messages/alerts, associated I/O data parameters, and control functions for insourced and outsourced controllers.
- Develop standardized technical requirements for controller programming tools and process flow.
- Support wiring system serviceability (bundle routing, connectors, terminals, retention clips, etc) and schematic development for ease of troubleshooting and repair.
- Work closely with engineering teams to integrate components and electromechanical systems.
- Collaborate with manufacturing engineers on the build of new product iterations.
- Participate in requirements definition as it pertains to service, availability of the product, and reliability and report significant deviations for resolution.
- Work closely with the Service Documentation team to develop diagnostic, programming, and repair procedures.
- Provide comprehensive cost/time modeling that showcases opportunities to drive product change that supports the reduction of cost or complexity of the repair.
- Demonstrated successful experience in electrical engineering within a product design, manufacturing, or service environment.
- Practical diagnostic experience and technical / field experience.
- Ability to comprehend schematics, electrical diagrams, connector end views/pinout.
- Familiarity with service information diagnostics and/or authoring.
- Proficiency with automotive diagnostic tools and/or equipment design experience.
- Familiarity with vehicle communication networking protocols and tools.
- Experience designing and developing products through the lifecycle and product and process validation.
- Detail-oriented, including proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, or Automotive Technology.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in electrical diagnostics and programming role.
- Ability to work autonomously to manage projects
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $142,000 to $232,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position. Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.Vaccine Mandate
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR
have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.About Zoox
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.Follow us on LinkedInA Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.