Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
Our Advanced Manufacturing organization is looking for an experienced Quality Engineer to help advance our core technology and drive production improvement. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Engineering, Pilot Manufacturing, you will work to develop our quality control program and improve overall process reliability at Form Energy’s Pittsburgh facility. You will work directly with our process development team to validate our production process as we start up our first pilot lines. As a Quality Engineer at Form, you will contribute directly to our success by developing testing standards and defect detection programs to improve our manufacturing processes and final products. You will interface with all parts of our process, from in process quality to finished parts ready to be assembled. This is an excellent opportunity to help define quality systems for our growing manufacturing efforts!
This opportunity is based out of Form Energy's Eighty Four, PA location (Greater Pittsburgh Area).
What You'll Do:
- Develop quality control protocols (including SOP’s, WI’s, and FMEA’s) for all areas of production (from raw materials, to work in progress materials, and to finished product).
- Work with front line employees to document nonconformances and production processes along with creating quality standards for production staff
- Work to collect and verify data from production equipment and create quality standards.
- Utilize characterization techniques to validate process changes in a growing manufacturing environment
- Work with manufacturing, process engineers, and technical operations to transition designs from the prototype stage to high volume internal production
- Collaborate with process and controls engineers to improve processes, reduce variation, and scrap rate
- Communicate quality and process capability data to the broader team, working both on the production floor and in an office setting
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years experience in manufacturing quality control
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering
- Experience using statistical analysis to measure process performance including MSA, Control Charts and Gage R&R.
- Experience using industry standard test methods to evaluate material properties
- Familiarity with a variety of material characterization techniques
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work across all levels of the organization, from front line employees to upper plant management.
- Experience in DOE and ISO 9001 is a plus
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.