Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
We are looking for a Process Safety Engineer to lead and advise process safety risks with processes and equipment for our battery projects. Reporting to the Senior EHS Manager (who is based in our MA headquarters), you will collaborate with other EHS site leaders in our MA, CA and PA locations to support planning for current R&D, future pilot and production line manufacturing.
At Form we believe managing safety is everyone’s job, and the EHS team supports this through collaborations and improvement feedback loops. We partner with teams across the organization, empowering them to advance our energy storage mission while keeping safety top-of-mind.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with process development engineers to ensure safe installation and operation of battery testing and pilot/manufacturing equipment
- Propose simple yet effective EHS solutions to help our technology groups achieve their project timelines
- Lead and consult on Process Hazard Reviews for projects to ensure adequate safeguards to meet safety, quality and production targets
- Develop and conduct global process safety standards, tools, programs, training courses, and work processes. Identify and implement continuous improvement efforts for improved process safety performance.
- Provide training in risk assessment and process safety
- Assist in areas of design consulting, technical QA, and start-up support
- Drive site improvement and assist in the application of new process safety technology and risk assessment tools
- Respond and consult in analysis of site safety incidents or near misses, driving impactful corrective actions and improvement procedures
- Participate in manufacturing and R&D design development and forecast additional projects and resources to maintain manufacturing timelines
- Champion near miss reporting, corrective actions, and leading feedback sharing to enhance our processes, programs and relationships
- Travel to other Form Energy locations to support of commissioning and startup (travel 10-20%)
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of process safety or process engineering experience with expertise in Process Safety ( e.g., HAZOP, PHA, LOPA, QRA)
- Experience with consulting process design, technical support and troubleshooting for energy manufacturing, preferably battery
- Knowledge of multimedia permits, licenses and compliance of regulatory thresholds
- Experience in interpretation of national and local Process Safety Regulatory/Code requirements for the applicable region where the facilities are located
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and cross-functional communication skills
- Ability to climb stairs, passenger use of construction panel hoists, climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction
- Creative problem solving skills, proposing multiple solutions to gain buy in and enhance relationships
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.