One Tree Planted is a US-based 501(c)(3) non-profit focused on global reforestation. As an environmental charity, we are dedicated to making it easier for individuals and businesses to give back to the environment, create a healthier climate, protect biodiversity, and help reforestation efforts around the world. All by planting trees!
The ideal start date for this position is January 30th, 2023
One Tree Planted is hiring a Graphic Designer to create engaging and on-brand visual concepts to communicate information for a variety of media.
One Tree Planted is a US-based non-profit that plants trees around the world to help combat climate change, conserve biodiversity, restore landscapes, and strengthen communities. We act as a catalyst and conduit for individuals and businesses to help reduce their carbon footprint and meet their corporate social responsibility objectives. Learn more by visiting our website at onetreeplanted.org
While the bulk of our work is done behind the scenes, One Tree Planted’s Marketing Department plays a vital role in inspiring consumers and businesses to make a difference. The ideal candidate for this position is a focused and driven Graphic Designer who can multitask and has acute attention to detail.
Reports to Director of Marketing
Graphic Design (80%)
Study briefs and determine requirements to conceptualize print materials ranging from environmental graphics and trade show booths to ads, vehicle wraps and merchandise – and digital assets ranging from ads to logos and badges, GIFs, SVGs, Lottie animations, web-optimized images, infographics, lead drivers, and custom fundraising decks.
- Research and build relationships with vendors, communicating directly with them to ensure that all print assets are built to spec and meet deadlines.
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and respect brand guidelines.
- Amend designs after feedback.
- Collaborate across several departments to design our annual report.
- Collaborate with our Events and Marketing Departments to conceptualize, design and build all print materials for our annual conference.
- Work with our Sports Sustainability Department to support this growing space with engaging digital and print materials.
- Develop and maintain a library of pre-approved print ads.
Concepting Campaigns (20%)
Work closely with the Marketing Department to brainstorm and elevate campaigns that are engaging, while tackling complex issues with a clear and positive message.
- Education: Bachelor’s and/or Technical degree in Design, Fine Arts or other related field.
- Related Experience: 3 years of professional experience in Graphic and/or Web Design.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and Figma. Familiarity with Canva.
- A keen eye for design principles and a working knowledge of its fundamentals. Awareness of UX/UI principles is a plus.
- Attention to detail with the highest degree of accuracy.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
Familiar with Clickup, Airtable, Google Drive, Slack, Zoom.
- Ability to work on-site, as necessary
- Passionate about design
- A self-starter that is willing to think outside the box and integrate feedback.
- Interested in nature and the environment or working for a nonprofit.
- Experience in creating motion graphics.
- Experience creating large design files for vehicle wraps, conference/trade show materials, etc.
IDEAL LOCATION: This position is permanent and full-time in Montreal, QC.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
COMPENSATION: Typical starting salary is $55,000 CAD based on location as well as skills and experience. Annual performance increase may be available but not guaranteed.
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive PTO Plan
- Health and Wellness plan
- Yearly bonus
- Retirement plans with competitive employer contribution
Travel opportunities, international and domestic
- Cover letter indicating your interest in the position and why you think you would be a good fit with the organization.
- Your resume.
- Submit a portfolio and/or examples of your work.
One Tree Planted is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.