Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
This role is an opportunity to shape and develop the Advanced Manufacturing organization as an early hire. In this position, you will support the transition of a product from development to prototype manufacturing to enable key manufacturing research and development milestones. You will work alongside process engineers, manufacturing engineers, and supporting technical functions to establish a stable production line, implement manufacturing R&D testing, and de-risk manufacturing at scale.
This opportunity is based out of Form Energy's Eighty Four, PA location (Greater Pittsburgh Area)
What You'll Do:
- Lead a team of engineers to develop and stabilize the manufacturing process of an R&D production line used to supply the product development effort
- Support the transition between design/development work and prototype manufacturing with key technical operations stakeholders
- Enable and support a prototype production ramp that will unlock upstream product testing
- Identify gaps in the organization and take action to close them via project execution
- Share project progress in a cross-functional setting; present schedules, forecasts, and escalate issues when necessary
- Partner with key external supplier stakeholders that will be providing equipment deliverables
- Operate in a schedule-critical environment; maintain project scope and budget and come up with creative solutions to maintain ambitious targets
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of experience in equipment design, manufacturing operations, engineering, and/or program management involving products or hardware
- Extreme accountability and ownership when it comes to project execution; ability to roll up your sleeves and fill the gaps where necessary
- Established track record of partnering with suppliers successfully
- Excellent planning, collaboration, and facilitation skills to manage complex cross-functional projects
- BS or MS degree in an engineering or management discipline
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.