Gradient’s mission is to cool the world by transforming every home to be more comfortable and healthy for the people who inhabit it — without compromising the environment. Today, heating and cooling equipment emit more greenhouse gas emissions than the entire transportation sector, and expansion in the use of cooling is projected to double these emissions in the next 30 years. However, comfortable buildings are critical for health and productivity, especially among communities that are vulnerable to the effects of climate change. Gradient’s vision is a future where everyone has access to comfortable buildings that are fully decarbonized. Our launch product is a direct-to-consumer high-efficiency and low-carbon heat pump.
We are looking for…
This is a very active role whose responsibilities will continue to change as the company evolves. As the Senior Manufacturing Electrical Engineer, you will play a vital role ensuring continuity within our contract manufacturing supply base. In collaboration with our Global Planning and Supply Chain teams, you’ll work with our suppliers to ensure supply continuity and vendor improvement.
The ideal Senior Manufacturing Electrical Engineer candidate will have demonstrated experience in supporting manufacturing of the selection of components on an approved component list, PCBA assembly, PCBA testing and failure analysis along with final system testing in an ISO 9001 environment.
- Responsible for identifying failures and researching failure analysis techniques to improve product quality and reliability.
- Develop, record and perform various failure analysis on systems and components to identify root cause.
- Establish root cause failure analysis techniques, processes and test methods
- Develop and manage methods for tracking product performance trends based on failure analysis results
- Analyze failure reports and recommend corrective action to prevent reoccurrence of problems.
- Interact with our Design Engineers and process development engineers to assist in corrective actions and kaizen events.
- Improve PCBA yields and test cycle times in support of producing quality products.
- Support redesign efforts to accommodate component cost reductions and improved manufacturability.
- Evaluate how changes in the design may impact safety and whether additional verification/validation is required.
- Provide electrical engineering recommendations and technical support for finished goods.
- Conduct root cause analysis and implement due diligence actions to resolve product issues. Partner closely with other team members including firmware, systems, mechanical, quality, regulatory, and manufacturing as a technical reference to encourage interdisciplinary activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or closely related course of study
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a Hardware Engineer, Electrical Engineer, or similar occupation.
- Background in consumer goods, high volume manufacturing, software engineering and/or product development engineering preferred Exceptional problem-solving skills; experience untangling problems to identify root cause
- Minimum 5 years of design and development in:
- Analog and digital circuits, such as power supplies, batteries, signal acquisition and conditioning, and microcontrollers.
- Schematic capture, board layout (Altium, Allegro), and design for assembly/manufacturing.
- Electrical engineering tools, including Oscilloscopes, Network analyzers, and Signal Generators.
- Designing to meet EMI/EMC regulations; conducting root cause analysis and risk analysis, and implementing corrective actions.
- documentation/technical writing that includes managing specifications, creating and supporting test protocols for verification and validation, and authoring technical reports.
- Experience with injection molded plastics, die cut metals, wire harnesses
Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate effectively across engineering disciplines
- Agility in working with cross-functional teams; effective in communicating technical concepts to non-technical people and translating their concerns to engineering impact
- Familiar with failure analysis tools, techniques, and processes
- Strong organizational and time management instincts; able to coordinate resources to meet deadlines in the context of competing priorities and projects; ability to work well under pressure
- Masters Degree
- HVAC industry knowledge
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 requirements
- Medical/vision/dental/life/disability insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Professional Development Stipend
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Relocation package ( out of state applicants only )
Pending experience, estimate $120,000 - $170,000/year salary.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Gradient Comfort is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.