As a test automation engineer in networking, you will be responsible for developing and documenting test automation software for Zoox communication networks. This includes Python command line tools for automating hardware configuration, test environment setup, and test execution. You'll work closely with Mechanical, Electrical, Firmware, and Systems engineers to develop and execute system-level, component, and hardware-in-the-loop tests. We're looking for someone who's enthusiastic, innovative, a self-starter, and willing to take on the challenges in bringing advanced autonomous vehicle technologies to market.
- Setup and run Ethernet tests
- Develop scripts, libraries, and tools to run tests on networking firmware and hardware
- Work collaboratively with design engineers and project managers to plan and execute test campaigns
- Document software to make it easily accessible to others both within and outside of the team
- BS in Engineering or Computer Science.
- 10+ years networking experience or equivalent
- Experience testing TCP/IP using Python or C/C++
- Experience using test automation frameworks and object-oriented programming in Python
- Experience using Network Traffic generators (for example, made by IXIA, XENA, or SPIRENT)
- Knowledge or experience in testing PTP/ARP/ICMP/SNMP/TFTP/SCP/SSH/RSTP or experience in testing L2/L3 performance
- Knowledge of routing, switching, IP addressing, subnetting, and network security in Linux
- Familiarity with basic mechanical, electrical, and optical test procedures.
- Experience working with CAN networks
- Experience with emerging ethernet technologies
- Experience with Jira, Bamboo, CI/CD, and test driven development
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $168,000 to $242,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position. Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.Vaccine Mandate
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR
have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.About Zoox
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.Follow us on LinkedInA Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.