About the Role:
As a crop care specialist at AppHarvest, you will be joining a team at the forefront of reinventing sustainable agriculture by ensuring the successful growth and development of produce within our greenhouse, pruning plants, and harvesting fruits, and assisting with general greenhouse operations.
Resume with documented work history REQUIRED!
Hourly Rate: $13.50
Schedule: Monday - Friday and Weekends as needed
What You’ll Do:
- Perform training, de-leafing, pruning, lowering, truss support, harvesting and other jobs required to maintain the plants optimal conditions
- Conduct plant maintenance to enable the plants to develop optimally
- Assist with greenhouse preparation and clean-up while adhering to strict industry standards
- Assist the Integrated Pest Management Team by placing beneficial insects on the crop
- Report pests, diseases, and other abnormalities in the crop
- Follow all safety standard operating procedures (SOP), policies, rules, regulations, etc.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. AppHarvest reserves the right to change duties, responsibilities, and activities at any time with or without notice.
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum of 3 months of agriculture experience
- Stand, walk, twist, bend, sit, enter data into a computer, and/or frequently lift objects up to 50 pounds (may require sustained repetitive motion)
- Ability to perform work at heights of 10-15 feet on a raised trolley platform
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment with changing humidity and temperature
- Ability to harvest fruits based on color requirements
- Flexibility to work 40+ hours weekly (which may include occasional weekend work)
- Agriculture experience is preferred but not required
- A motivated team-player with effective communication skills, attention to details and quality-focused
Working conditions / Physical Requirements:
- Must be comfortable working in temperatures ranging between 80-100+ degrees
- Must be comfortable working at heights up to 15 feet
- Ability to stand for a full 8-hour shift on concrete floors
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch and bend
- Must be able to work at a steady pace and must be detailed oriented
- Must have a reliable form of transportation
- Open availability to work various work schedules including weekends
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Must be comfortable working near moving mechanical parts