We are seeking an Executive Assistant to support SEI’s Executive Director in all high-level administrative work, and to support the Operations Department in office management and employee engagement. The Executive Assistant will be a crucial contact hub for the executive team, the larger organization, and external partners, and will help SEI achieve its mission of building leaders to drive sustainability solutions.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organize the Executive Director's schedule and support the Deputy Director’s scheduling needs.
- Coordinate speaking engagements, conferences, meetings, Board events, and travel for the Executive Director.
- Schedule travel arrangements for the Deputy Director, and occasionally other core staff members.
- Provide administrative and clerical support for the Executive Director, Deputy Director, and executive team.
- Schedule and coordinate regular board meetings and annual board retreats. Attend and record meeting minutes.
- Support in managing the overall office, including welcoming visitors, directing calls, providing instructions and reminders, distributing correspondence, and handling shipping and receiving.
- Purchase supplies, catering, conferences, subscriptions, rentals, memberships, etc.
- Planning and logistical support of staff events.
- Support staff well-being and engagement activities, including office parties and occasional thank-you gifts etc.
- Directly supervise occasional temporary support staff and volunteers.
WHO YOU ARE
- Minimum 4+ years of executive assistance or similar experience required.
- Degree in Business Administration, nonprofit work, or a related field is a plus.
- Strong communication, analytical thinking, and organizational skills. Clear, direct, and succinct writer.
- Ability to work under direct supervision, collaboratively in teams/partners, or independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to empathize with others.
- Aptitude for rapport-building & working collaboratively with colleagues, partners, & clients.
- Able to manage a constantly changing work environment and collaborate with remote team members.
- Comfortable learning and using the digital tools SEI uses with little to no assistance – including but not limited to Microsoft Office products, Google Workspace, Wrike project management software, and proprietary software. Willing to try out new technologies and work tools with an open mind toward efficiency and impact.
- Commitment to anti-racism and willingness to actively learn about, practice, and champion the organization’s DEI policy and related goals. Willing to continue education and training in the broader fields of inclusion and workplace diversity across all dimensions of equity.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to SEI’s sustainability mission.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Greater work-life balance and better personal wellbeing. Work is conducted in your home office or an offsite location 3 days per week and our San Rafael office 2 days per week.
- A starting wage of $35.00 an hour
- 403(b) Retirement Plan, with employer match after one year
- Generous paid time off and 14 paid holidays
- 100% covered medical, dental, and vision insurance
- The ability to do what you do best; the opportunity to do work you are naturally gifted at and trained to do
- An equitable and inclusive workplace committed to concrete, substantial change, beyond platitudes
HOW TO APPLY
Visit our Careers Page, select this role, and fill out the application form! SEI requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with accommodations made for religious or medical purposes.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION
We seek candidates that share SEI’s commitment to equity and environmental justice, and who share a commitment to work and learn within an anti-oppression framework. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQIA2S+ community are strongly encouraged to apply. SEI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion, and equity. We believe that a wide array of perspectives contributes to creative climate solutions where all communities thrive. We strive to reflect diverse communities, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices.
SEI is a teams-based, non-profit based in the Bay Area, CA dedicated to building leaders to drive sustainability solutions. For over 25 years, SEI has partnered with schools, communities, and businesses to develop a sustainability leadership pathway from elementary school to early career. Our flagship programs educate and empower students, workers, and emerging professionals to create thriving, resilient communities. We are proud to provide a collaborative work environment filled with people who are driven to make a difference in our communities!