Scale Microgrid Solutions
Scale Microgrid Solutions (“Scale”) is a fully integrated distributed energy platform focused on designing, implementing and financing innovative distributed clean ...View Company Profile
We are looking for a FP&A Manager to build procedures, controls and reports that will help to guide and support the high-growth phase of our company. This highly visible and strategic role will be exposed to all finance-related aspects of the business as we build the FP&A function from scratch, implementing, developing, and providing commercial financial analysis on KPIs that give data-driven insights to aid decision-making. This role is hybrid and is based in Ridgewood, NJ.
Key responsibilities will include
- Working closely with the leadership team to formulate the business's medium to long-term financial and strategic plan
- Create and perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking for the individual business units and the consolidated entity
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation, reporting, and analysis of daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual results
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements that will lead to cost reduction, revenue generation, and streamlining of operations
- Assist with building and maintaining annual budget and rolling forecast
- Partner with various functional owners throughout the organization; provide value-added insights to enable optimization of actual spend
- Analyze financial data from a variety of resources and create financial models to support decision making
- Provide a broad array of sales analyses including variance analysis, Line-of-Business, trend, volume, customer, vendor, and item profitability analysis
- Analyze and review monthly commission payments
- Creating business metrics and providing in-depth reporting against them for company decision-makers
- Delivery of competitor analysis, market trends, and associated commentary to the Leadership team
- Preparing business cases to support new investment, strategic and other business decisions
The Ideal Candidate
- 5 + years of experience as a Senior FP&A Analyst or Manager
- Significant analytical skillset, including utilizing BI and reporting tools with extensive knowledge in Excel (pivot tables, formulas, VLOOKUPs, modeling, etc.)
- Experience managing/understanding sales and general budgets
- Possesses a high level of commercial acumen, able to think and act strategically but also be a hands-on problem solver with exceptional analytical skills
- Experienced in managing project-based revenue, budgets, and projections
- High level of accuracy, efficiency, and accountability, keen to take ownership
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, capable of working with senior stakeholders across the business in a cross-functional team environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, managing time effectively to meet objectives
- Experienced in presenting extensive data and reporting to Executive teams
- Energy industry experience or experience with power purchase agreements and energy service agreement financial structures is a plus
- Possess professional qualifications, potentially an MBA
This is a great opportunity to have a long-term impact on a fast-paced, private equity-backed growth business. Some of the core virtues embraced by Scales’ employees include:
· Do the Right Thing
· Act Like An Owner
· Demand Results
· Go Together
· Evolve or Disappear
We offer a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits program including medical benefits, paid vacation and holidays, and 401K matching.
About Scale Microgrids
Scale Microgrids (“Scale”) is a fully integrated distributed energy platform focused on designing, implementing and financing innovative distributed clean energy solutions. Through its leading technical expertise and access to scale capital, Scale helps its customers transition to a decentralized energy future by providing and financing sustainable, cost-effective, and resilient power solutions. Scale has its own proprietary microgrid solution which provides customer with cheaper, cleaner and more reliable power, and also partners with third party developers to acquire and/or finance a broader range of distributed energy assets.
We raised $500MM from Warburg Pincus, a global private equity firm focused on growth investing, to fund our business plan and accelerate growth. We are growing quickly and looking to augment the team with highly motivated entrepreneurial talent.
About Warburg Pincus
Warburg Pincus is a leading global private equity firm with nearly $60 billion in assets under management (AUM). Its active portfolio of more than 180 companies around the globe is highly diversified by stage, sector and geography. Warburg Pincus is a growth investor and an experienced partner to management teams seeking to build durable companies with sustainable value. To learn more about Warburg Pincus, please visit https://www.warburgpincus.com/.
Scale strives to attract and retain a workforce that reflects the composition of our customer base and communities. We are committed to providing a work environment that provides everyone equal access and opportunity to contribute and drive meaningful outcomes. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply and will consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.