Overview of Bridger Photonics, Inc.
Bridger Photonics, Inc. (Bridger) creates and deploys innovative LiDAR sensors for the Oil & Gas and Industrial Metrology industries. We were founded in 2006 based on a core LiDAR technology. For shorter ranges, we develop state-of-the-art custom and standard precision LiDAR products to enable new measurement capabilities in the Industrial Metrology industry. For longer ranges, our airborne Gas Mapping LiDAR™ sensor technology is transforming the way the Oil & Gas industry is detecting and managing natural gas leaks. We are experiencing significant and sustained growth in our Gas Mapping LiDAR™ data product offering.
Overview of Position
Bridger has established strong competitive advantages in our fields and is experiencing significant growth. To support our growth in the Oil & Gas industry, we seek an outstanding and dedicated Safety Coordinator. The successful candidate will build and implement a safety program to ensure the safety of our airborne Gas Mapping LiDAR (GML) sensor operations in the Oil & Gas industry.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Drafting, reviewing, and maintaining safety documents
- Implementing safety programs and managing the safe operation of GML projects (including our flight subcontractors)
- Building a solid understanding of our GML deployments and flight subcontractors, identifying potential hazards, implementing mitigation strategies to eliminate or reduce hazards
- Developing new safety programs as necessary
- Interfacing with the safety and operational personnel of Bridger’s clients and subcontractors
- Ensuring GML deployments are conducted in accordance with all safety programs and protocols
- Depending on the skills of the successful applicant, this position may involve aspects of Accounts Management for supermajor Oil & Gas clients
- > 2 years’ direct experience with safety coordination
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to interact effectively and professionally with customers, coworkers, and subcontractors
- Experience with aviation and/or oil and gas safety programs
- Experience with a DOT compliant drug and alcohol program
- Excellent work ethic with the willingness to tackle all tasks necessary for meeting client expectations
- Ability to take initiative and work independently on assigned projects
- Careful attention to detail with the ability to produce error-free documents and reports
- Proficient Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint user
- Experience with drafting, completing, and maintaining safety documents
- Ability to evaluate existing programs/practices and identify areas for improvement
- Work hard and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent understanding of risk assessment and mitigation strategies
- Experience leading safety meetings with a diverse set of participants
- Ability to learn, and become proficient at, new skills quickly
- Experience with health and safety compliance regulations for FAA, OSHA, California and/or Colorado
- Experience with contractor safety management programs such as ISN
- Experience with Operator Qualification (OQ) programs
- Experience with incident investigation and documentation
- Experience using common file formats such as .pdf, .csv, .jpg, .png, .tif
- Experience with GIS data and software applications such as Google Earth, QGIS, ArcGIS
- Experience with Matlab mathematical computation software
- Experience with project planning and/or logistics planning
- B.S. or B.A. in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Safety Management, or related discipline
- >3 years of direct experience with aviation and/or oil and gas safety programs
- This is a full-time, salaried position.
- Occasional travel will be necessary
- This position is based in Bozeman, Montana and is not a remote work position.
- Salary is commensurate with education, experience, and skills.
- Bridger Photonics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- United States Employment Eligibility: Bridger does not offer visa sponsorships. If you are hired, you will be required to fill out the US Department of Homeland Security’s I-9 form confirming you are able to work in the US.
For full consideration, please submit the following by Friday, January 20, 2023: (a) cover letter identifying the position you are applying for and your interest in the job, (b) resume, and (c) two relevant professional references. Please submit application materials via email with the job title in the subject line to: jobs @bridgerphotonics.com
Bridger Photonics, Inc. offers excellent health, dental, and retirement benefits.
Located in the heart of southwestern Montana’s Rocky Mountains, Bozeman offers unrivaled outdoor opportunities for skiing, hiking, climbing, biking, rafting, and camping. Yellowstone National Park is just a 1-½ hour drive from our doorstep. Our community also offers an exceptional educational system and many cultural and sporting events.