Bridger Photonics, Inc. (Bridger) creates and deploys innovative LiDAR sensors for the Oil & Gas and Industrial Manufacturing industries. Our airborne LiDAR sensors are transforming the way the Oil & Gas industry discovers and manages natural gas (methane) leaks. This opportunity is resulting in significant and rapid growth for our company.
To assist in our growth, we seek an outstanding and motivated Software and Algorithms Engineer. The successful candidate will work closely with our Software Development and Information Technology teams to develop and deploy software for scaling and automating Bridger’s Gas Mapping LiDAR (GML) service.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Gas Mapping Lidar software team with designing software solutions based on architectural needs
- Develop geospatial algorithms and analytics
- Develop user interfaces for geospatial data
- Develop and interact with geospatial data sources
- Develop and integrate backend services
- Coordinate with various teams to deliver optimized data workflows
- Generating documentation of deployed services
- BS in Computer Science, Physics, or related field
- >2 years hands-on experience developing in Python, MATLAB, C# or similar language
- Experience collaborating with team on software projects
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing with coworkers and customers
- Willingness to work extremely hard and efficiently in fast-paced research and development environment
- Ability to take initiative to solve challenging problems
- Experience analyzing and visualizing geospatial data
- Experience with standard geospatial data formats, databases, and processing
- Experience with point cloud data formats and processing
- Experience with computer vision and 3D imaging
- Experience with machine learning/AI modeling, training, and inference
- Experience with BPMN rules-based workflow
- Experience with Git version control
- Strong foundation in linear algebra
- Experience with API and backend service development
- This is a full-time salaried position
- Salary is commensurate with education, experience, and skills
- This position is based at Bridger’s facility in Bozeman, MT.
- Limited work from home opportunities may be available.
- Bridger Photonics, Inc. offers excellent health, dental, and retirement benefits.
- Bridger Photonics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- United States Employment Eligibility: Bridger does not offer visa sponsorships. If you are hired, you will be required to fill out the US Department of Homeland Security’s I-9 form confirming you are able to work in the US.
For full consideration, please submit the following by Friday, January 20, 2023
: (a) cover letter identifying the position you are applying for and your interest in the job, (b) resume, and (c) two relevant professional references. Please submit application materials via email with the job title in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bridger Photonics, Inc. offers excellent health, dental, and retirement benefits.
A career with Bridger Photonics offers cutting-edge photonics and remote sensing work and endless outdoor opportunities in and around beautiful Bozeman, Montana. With experts in physics, engineering, software development, and processing, our team works hard to create top-of-the-line LiDAR technologies that positively impact society—now and for generations to come.
Located in the heart of southwestern Montana’s Rocky Mountains, Bozeman, Montana offers unrivaled outdoor opportunities for skiing, hiking, climbing, biking, rafting, and camping. Yellowstone National Park is just a 1 ½ hour drive from our doorstep. Our community also offers an exceptional educational system and many cultural and sporting events. For us, these factors help make Bozeman the ideal place to live and work.