Zoox's Robot Software Infrastructure team is looking for a motivated software engineer intern to help bring our autonomous mobility service to production. Our team is responsible for operating systems on the main vehicle compute platform, software deployment to vehicles, and some on-vehicle security efforts. We explore a unique intersection of software engineering, complex software systems, and hardware-software integration.
In this role, you’ll work on software that connects networks, drivers, artificial intelligence software, build systems, and web services. If you are excited to explore a broad problem space and are mindful of how components fit within a larger system, you may be a great fit!
- Currently working towards a B.S., M.S., or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program.
- Good academic standing
- Can commit to at least a 12-week internship
- At least one previous industry internship, co-op, or project completed in a relevant area
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California for the duration of the internship
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
- Strong written communication skills
- Proficiency in a language without automatic memory management (e.g., C or C++), and in a scripting language (e.g., Python or Ruby)
- Knowledge of Linux: networks, filesystems, devices, etc.
- Experience with build systems and continuous integration
- Practical knowledge of networking: protocols for IP-based networks, Wireshark, etc.
The monthly salary range for this position is $6,500 to $9,500. Compensation will vary based on role, degree level and type, and benefits will be offered based on eligibility. Additional benefits may include medical insurance, 401k, and a housing stipend.Vaccine Mandate
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR
have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.About Zoox
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.Follow us on LinkedInA Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.