About the Role:
As a Maintenance Supervisor at AppHarvest, you will be joining a team at the forefront of reinventing sustainable agriculture. You will be responsible for leading the Maintenance team by accomplishing maintenance human resource objectives such as training and coaching, assigning schedules, and communicating job expectations to team members.
What You’ll Do:
- Meets maintenance operational standards by contributing maintenance information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems
- Meets maintenance financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective action
- Evaluates, maintains, and actively improves function and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by implementing a preventive maintenance program; operating and testing systems and equipment; restoring, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts
- Maintain equipment, parts, and supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level. Anticipate needed equipment, parts and supplies to complete work orders in a timely manner
- Conserve maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
- Participate in all safety programs i.e., LOTO, Fall Protection, OSHA 30-hour and Energized Equipment Safety
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures, complying with legal codes and regulations
- Update and maintain job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical publications
- Document equipment startup processes and designs and sketch new designs or redline existing drawings
- Control downtime by informing production of routine preventive maintenance techniques and monitoring compliance
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. AppHarvest reserves the right to change duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice.
What We’re Looking For:
- Associates degree and at least 7-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Requires a well-rounded knowledge of the practices, tools, equipment, and materials used within the Maintenance Controls Technician’s trade
- Fully comprehend electrical theory and NFPA 70 National Electrical Code and NFPA 70e
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondences
- Consult manuals, reading and interpreting circuit diagrams, blueprints, and schematic
- Strong written/verbal communication skills and ability to lead a maintenance team
- Proficient math skills, basic understanding of algebra and geometry and ability to calculate figures
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of complex instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. Must be able to stand for periods of time, or walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Must be frequently able to lift or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift or move up to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and may be frequently exposed to the risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high precarious places up to 30 feet, fumes, or airborne particles; inclement weather conditions, and loud noise levels in the work environment.