Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
We’re looking for a Senior Engineering Technician to join a new manufacturing equipment team. This team is responsible for developing novel equipment used to manufacture electrodes for Form Energy’s commercial product. This role is embedded directly in the equipment engineering team and will support various mechanical engineering efforts. You will work independently, with limited instruction and give design feedback and suggestions to engineers. You will have very strong mechanical intuition, understand prototyping, experience with equipment design, and can build and commission first of a kind and production ready manufacturing equipment.
What You'll Do:
- Use shop tools (3D printers, manual mill, drill press, sheet metal brake, etc) to build and assemble mechanical prototypes, fixtures, and one-offs as specified by engineers
- Route pneumatic and electrical connections to sensors and actuators in one-off systems as specified by engineers
- Commission, test, and maintain I/O systems (microcontrollers, PLCs, etc.) in new equipment
- Fabricate and maintain build or test related infrastructure and safety systems as specified by designs and schematics
- Basic design tasks ( ex. fabricate a control panel, build a wire harness, etc.) with only high level instruction from engineers
- Facilitate installation, assembly, and commissioning of new equipment in new manufacturing facilities
What You'll Bring:
- Minimum 5+ years experience as a technician or hands on role, ideally 2-3 years in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience working with metals, ceramics, plumbing, and sheet metal
- Experience with standard shop tools and safe shop practices
- Can do basic mechanical and electrical assembly tasks (ex. wiring, sensor installation, etc.) from simple schematics
- Comfortable using sensor, data acquisition, and I/O systems ( ex. Multimeter, thermocouple logger, PLC)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including within G Suite
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.