Do you want to be part of the solar revolution that is transforming the energy landscape? Do you have a passion for making our environment better for this generation and the ones that follow? Does working for a young, fast paced, growing company that is leading the way into new markets sound exciting to you? Come join us as we take on new challenges and help build a better tomorrow. Our mission is clear: to reshape the energy landscape, delivering value to our clients and partners while benefiting our communities and society at large. Let's make a difference together. Join our team.
Nexamp is staffing our 24-hour Operations Center in Lawrence, MA and seeking 3 motivated and diligent individuals for the the Control Room Operator position. The Operator is responsible for the 24x7x365 real-time remote monitoring and operation of Nexamp’s Solar Photovoltaic (PV) and Energy Storage assets. This position will help to evolve Nexamp’s Operations Center as the portfolio grows and will eventually participate in scheduled shiftwork operations. This position will also mentor and train a team of Distributed Generation Operators in the monitoring, remote troubleshooting and operation of Nexamp and third-party owned assets. This role will report to the Operations Center Manager and be based full time in Lawrence, MA.
- Operate Nexamp photovoltaic (PV), Storage, and future Microgrid and Utility Scale generation assets in a manner that meets or exceeds all applicable local, state, and federal regulatory requirements.
- Ensure the safe and effective remote operation of Nexamp's managed portfolio, including ancillary and Balance of Plant (BOP) equipment as assigned, through the detection of alarms, changes in parameters, outages, anomalies, and abnormal conditions, to maintain stable and efficient operations.
- Identify basic abnormal operations for undocumented situations by using basic critical thinking and react appropriately to maintain safe and effective operation.
- Help supervise and lead a team of Distributed Generation Operators (DGO) providing guidance and training on proper operating requirements, customer and utility interactions and emergency response.
- Work to develop SOPs for the future Utility Scale Assets as well as review of the DGO SOPs
- Optimize operations based on defined procedures to maximize revenues while satisfying all safety, environmental, and regulatory requirements, and to meet assigned Key Results and Key Performance Indicators.
- Collaborate with regional transmission operators, the local ISOs and site operations and maintenance personnel to implement scheduled maintenance plans, and to restore generation following unexpected disruptions to normal operations.
- React to directives and abnormal conditions immediately in accordance with Nexamp processes and SOPs, to guarantee safe and compliant operations.
- Record data, log information and compile and distribute reports as required.
- Act proactively using core operator fundamentals by anticipating critical conditions, checking status based on all parameters available, identifying abnormal situations not necessarily captured by an alarm, etc.
- Conduct remote troubleshooting utilizing equipment monitoring platforms to diagnose and remotely solve common issues before escalating to the plant personnel.
- Maintain continuous coverage and responsibility while on-duty, remaining alert, attentive, ready, and able to respond to any normal, abnormal, or emergency situations.
- Complete required internal and external training requirements, including any NERC required training and certifications, and ISO/TRO required training and certifications as necessary.
- Collaborate and inform decision making across business unit teams across the project lifecycle to inform future operations, provide lessons learned and inform lifecycle decision making.
Ideal candidate must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, results-oriented and operate well in a collaborative, team environment.
- A minimum of a 2-year degree in Electrical Technology/Engineering (Bachelor’s degree preferred) or the ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge through related course work and/or experience is required
- 3+ years' experience in control room operation, preferably in a field related to advanced power generation - experience and knowledge related to the Bulk Electric System regulatory compliance (NERC, ISO, etc.) is required
- Advanced computer skills including experience in SCADA system operations, MS Office Suite
- Basic knowledge of the Bulk Electric System including AC electrical generation and high voltage transmission processes, with the ability to remotely troubleshoot plant equipment
- Availability to work rotating shift work, 365 days a year, including weekends and holidays.
- Availability to fill scheduled and unscheduled job vacancies is required.
- Willingness and ability to develop and complete an extensive in-house training program as well as NERC or ISO equivalent certification programs in order to pass a certification exam and/or meet industry requirements and subsequently maintain these qualifications, as required.
- Ability to travel to remote sites for work or training activities including over-night trips, if required
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and to adapt quickly to changing priorities, as well as be accepting of change management
- Rigorous integrity and determination in the execution of work, with an ability to manage multiple and potentially conflicting priorities
- Analytical abilities to collect, evaluate numerical data and complete both internal and external reporting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- This role is for a detail oriented, attentive, pro-active operator who loves troubleshooting.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, but see yourself contributing, please submit an application. We encourage people from minority or marginalized groups to apply.
At Nexamp, our mission is building the future of energy, so it is clean, simple, and accessible for all. We believe a diverse team brings different perspectives and experiences, thus benefiting our work. We are committed to providing a work environment free from discrimination. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. By encouraging a culture where ideas and decisions come from all people, we believe it will help us grow, innovate, and be a part of environmental and social change.
PERKS & COMPENSATION
Not only will you get to work with a group of innovative, dedicated, and motivated peers, you will also have access to all the benefits that Nexamp Offers! This includes: our competitive compensation package; a 401 (k) employer-match; health, dental, & vision insurance with company contribution; Flexible Paid Time Off; Commuter Benefits and Cell Phone Reimbursement.
NEXAMP VALUES AND MISSION
Building the future of energy so it is clean, simple and accessible
Nexamp is building the energy infrastructure of tomorrow and reinventing the way people interact with the electricity that powers their lives. By deploying a distributed network of locally sourced clean energy, we seek to reduce the negative effects of climate change. Our team’s diverse experience drives innovation from the ground up and with a singular passion: to deliver an accessible and sustainable energy future for all.