Reports to: Associate/Senior Associate
Location: Remote or Oakland, CA
About Powerhouse Ventures
Our mission at Powerhouse Ventures is to identify and support founding teams building innovative software to rapidly transform our global energy and mobility systems. We believe that addressing the climate crisis requires deploying our most viable market-based solutions today.
Who are we looking for?
Powerhouse Ventures is hiring a Summer Intern to support the investment team. This individual’s primary role is to support both active market research and diligence, as well as longer-term projects directly associated with our OKRs. The internship is expected to be roughly 40 hours per week for 12 weeks between May and August 2023.
What You’ll Be Working On
- Support on deal evaluation, including financial analysis, customer calls, and expert interviews
- Collaborate on research efforts to proactively identify new investment opportunities
- Support Investment Memo writing for any deals completed during the internship period
- Support the quarterly survey process and LP reporting, as well as other aspects of portfolio company support
- Support on data aggregation and CRM management
- Other projects and responsibilities as assigned
- Currently enrolled in an industry-relevant Masters or PhD program, or 4-6 years of prior industry-relevant job experience
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and high EQ
- Strong strategic, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- A willingness to dive into the details and navigate through ambiguity
- Driven and self-directed with outstanding organizational skills
- A passion for building climate solutions and deploying clean energy and next-generation mobility technology
- Industry-relevant technical and engineering backgrounds are a plus
- Exposure to the country’s most innovative climate tech startups and access to Powerhouse Ventures extensive network of industry executives, investors, and thought leaders
- Insight into climate tech software trends and opportunities
- Experience on a fast growing, ambitious, and passionate team dedicated to changing the way we power our world
- $25/hour stipend
- Please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 27th, 2023. Please include “Last Name, First Name - Powerhouse Ventures Summer Internship Application” in the subject line.