The RoleAre you passionate about the decarbonization of the electric grid? Are you interested in learning about how distributed energy resources play a critical role in the grid of the future? The Dispatch Operations team at Voltus is looking for an Associate who is passionate about delivering MWs to the grid during dispatch events. These events are called when the grid needs Voltus to take action, and the Dispatch Operations team quickly activates our portfolio of MWs in various programs across North America. In this role, you will become knowledgeable about grid operators and utilities in North America, you will interact regularly with large industrial and commercial energy users, and you will build a foundation of operations experience across diverse systems and processes. This rapidly expanding landscape requires constant scrutinization of our processes, systems, and tools to efficiently deliver on dispatches. You will have the opportunity to both lead tactical responsibilities and support strategic projects, and you will be part of an exceptional team that is laser focused on combating the climate crisis. We are a 24/7 team, and we are looking for Associates located in US Pacific Time, Alaska, Hawaii, or similar time zones. The role is shift-based and your availability and reliability are a critical element to the success of the role; however, this role is remote, which means: no commute! We are looking for candidates who can work 8-hour weekday shifts between 4pm ET - midnight ET.What We OfferIn addition to a competitive compensation package, Voltus offers a range of benefits including: unlimited leave for full-time employees, parental leave, and a comprehensive benefits package to promote health, wellness, and financial security.Our compensation includes base pay, bonus, and equity. The base range for this role is USD $55,000-$65,000 per year. The bonus is 10-20% of the annual base pay.
- Maintain a state of readiness to receive dispatches from grid operators and utilities.
- Become an expert in executing dispatches across grid operator and utility programs.
- Maximize customer participation in dispatches through a dispatch management process that makes customer participation simple and successful.
- Lead seamless internal communication during dispatches, leveraging other internal team members in support of the shared goal for flawless dispatches.
- Capture lessons learned following a dispatch. Track and follow through on any customer inquiries or issues.
- Provide business critical insight and develop thought leadership for performance strategy across a set of Voltus programs.
- Ensure swift diagnosis, action, and resolution on lessons learned coming out of each dispatch. Collaborate across internal and external stakeholder groups to drive efficient and thoughtful action.
- Own process documentation, internal and external, stakeholder communications, and customer readiness for a set of programs.
- Work cross functionally to ensure key program milestones are complete ahead of season start dates.
- Create and deliver seasonal communications to customers in partnership with Voltus's Customer Success team.
- Schedule and conduct dispatch verification tests before a customer’s first dispatch.
- Ensure customer onboarding is completed fully and in a timely manner.
- Leverage recordings, Lessonly, and other materials to facilitate asynchronous training in Dispatch Ops and across the company.The spring and summer seasons are focused on dispatch readiness and performance. Additional dispatch events occur throughout the year, but your secondary responsibilities will be predominantly conducted in the fall and winter.
- Bright, Gritty, and Good
- Reliable – this is a time-sensitive, quick reaction role
- Ambitious and willing to learn quickly
- Strong communicator
- Self-motivated; bias for action
- Well organized
- Strong computer skills: comfortable working with a variety of web-based tools
Our mission is to be the Distributed Energy Platform that fulfills the promise of the energy transition we see happening in the world today. If you’d like to play a leading role in helping us achieve this mission, please complete the application form to let us know you are interested!
At Voltus, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer because we recognize that a diverse organization begins with a diverse candidate pool. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or marital status.