The Cost Integration team is responsible for properly quantifying the safety, comfort, and progress of the mobile robot, as well as properly integrating it into the robot’s optimization routines for decision making and motion planning. The Cost integration team emphasizes computationally efficient, simple, principled, and scalable approaches, while balancing the competing objectives to good driving. We are looking for an experienced manager who is passionate about the exciting challenges involved in motion planning and decision making.
- You will lead the team of engineers on Cost Integration, leveraging technical and managerial skills to deliver high-impact results
- You will set the short and long term technical direction for the team and collaborate on the broader company-wide directions
- You will collaborate with the team members in technical design considerations, implementation, and on-vehicle testing
- You will coordinate cross-functional initiatives with other teams across Motion Planning, Prediction, Perception, and CAS
- You will grow the team through hiring and guide the continued professional development of team members
- 8+ years of hands-on experience developing complex robotic systems or relevant software
- Master’s or PhD in computer science or a related field
- Prior engineering management experience with complex robotic systems
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in C / C++
- Extensive experience architecting and implementing motion planning algorithms
- Familiarity in all or some of: trajectory optimization, search-based planning, Integration of prediction and planning, costs, risk assessment, multi-objective formulations
- Experience with autonomous vehicles
- Experience with parallelized algorithms
- Experience with CUDA programming
- Experience with Markov Decision Processes or POMDPs
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary will range from $221,000 to $319,000. A sign-on bonus may be part of a compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.Vaccine Mandate
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR
have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.About Zoox
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.Follow us on LinkedInA Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.