As a Packhouse Specialist at AppHarvest, you will be joining a team at the forefront of reinventing sustainable agriculture by carrying out the labor required to complete the daily packaging of tomatoes in a safe and efficient manner while adhering to food safety protocols in all aspects of the job requirements.
Resume with documented work history REQUIRED!
Hourly Rate: $14.26
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday and weekends as needed - 9:00am - 5:30pm
What you’ll Do:
- Adhere to all current SOP’s, procedures, inspections and quality requirements
- Communicate with supervisor when irregularities with product or equipment occur
- Fulfill daily packing plan per supervisor’s instruction
- Maintain a safe, clean, organized work area
- Report food safety and quality problems to your supervisor or directly to Senior Management
- Adherence to the Packhouse dress code and packing regulations
- On occasion, preform activities in the Greenhouse where temps can range from 85 to 100+ degrees.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. AppHarvest reserves the right to change duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice.
What We’re Looking For:
Working conditions / Physical Requirements:
- 1-2 years of experience in a produce packing environment or related work experience
- Food or agriculture industry experience preferred
- On-going training in Food Safety and Sanitation
- Ability to fulfill routine logs related to food safety and inspection reports
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to stand for a full 8-hour shift on concrete floors
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch and bend
- Must be comfortable working in temperatures ranging between 55 -100+ degrees
- Must be able to work at a steady pace and must be detailed oriented
- Must have a reliable form of transportation
- Open availability to work various work schedules including weekends
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Must be comfortable working near moving mechanical parts