Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
We are looking for an Equipment Maintenance Technician to join our site operations team. This role reports to the Facilities Manager and will collaborate with engineers, scientists, and technicians to ensure that critical processes are not limited by the equipment or infrastructure. This is an exciting opportunity to have a direct and daily impact in an exciting energy technology startup and to support our growing laboratory operations, testing equipment and facilities infrastructure needs.
What You'll Do:
- Work with design/installation teams to ensure proper coordination, review specifications and designs to confirm compliance with deliverables, ensure accurate contract drawings that meet code and site standards.
- Project manage the coordination and installation of facilities infrastructure projects, communicate with key stakeholders, and work with external contractors to drive projects to completion in a timely manner.
- Act as a technical resource and use your experience to develop solutions and engineering specifications used for equipment selection, commissioning, and troubleshooting.
- Conduct due diligence support for new building sites and expansions.
- Develop best practices, training, and maintenance objectives of the various facilities and incorporate into a documented plan that includes preventive, corrective, and reliability maintenance procedures.
- Be a champion for safety in the development of new equipment and processes, support EHS investigations around events/non-conformances and corrective action planning.
- Maintain equipment documentation(warranties, manuals, operator instructions) in company equipment management systems such as UpKeep.
What You'll Bring:
- 7+ years of hands-on experience maintaining equipment and mechanical systems
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following areas: Building Automation Systems, electromechanical and pneumatic systems, compressed air, controls, package rooftop HVAC, RODI, VAV systems, laboratory equipment, chemical treatment, plumbing, life safety systems and structural
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, willing to roll up your sleeves and contribute hands-on to the success of the teams
- Proven project management experience and working with technicians, outside contractors and vendors
- Work independently with limited instruction and can give project/design feedback and suggestions to end users.
- Must have both strong hands-on skills and ability to analyze and interpret engineering drawings, wiring diagrams and schematics
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Minimum Associates degree or applicable IFMA certifications
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.