Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
We are looking for a Production Planner to support the planning of our full-scale cell and module products used in our multi-day energy storage batteries. This role will focus on usage of production materials to ensure optimal levels that meet program objectives. You will work closely with an interdisciplinary team of technicians, operation leaders, engineers, and maintenance/facilities stakeholders to enable a lean build plan for our products. Leveraging insights from technical documents, resource planning tools, supply chain purchases, and program schedules, you will ensure deliverables are met and positively impact our mission to decarbonize the grid.
This opportunity is based out of Form Energy's Eighty Four, PA location (Greater Pittsburgh Area).
What You'll Do:
- Develop production workflow for one or multiple products and/or production lines
- Determine labor, equipment and raw materials needed to cover production demand
- Integrate R&D trial planning into ongoing production
- Coordinate production operations in accordance with material, labor, and equipment availability
- Interface with multiple teams including supply chain, production, logistics, and finance
- Dive deep into the program plan looking at the big picture and breaking that information down into manageable tasks for the team based on the available resources
- Address issues when they arise ensuring smooth and cost-efficient flow of production operations
- Monitor and adjust production schedules to ensure production deadlines are met
- Promptly inform relevant stakeholders of changes to current or planned production schedules and recommending viable solutions to obstacles
Note: This role will support planning for moderate product variation as we develop existing and new product categories. This is not a high volume mass production planning role.
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of industry experience with infrastructure for small volume manufacturing cells and lines, preferably in a high product variation or start-up environment
- Strong knowledge of material resource planning (MRP) and manufacturing execution systems (MES)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as high attention-to-detail
- Strong communication skills both within the team and with external stakeholders
- Proficient in Microsoft, Google, and other software packages
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) is a plus
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.