Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
Twelve seeks a VP of Hardware and Software Engineering to join our technology development team, which supports Twelve’s hardware and software needs. In this role, you will oversee an organization that supports Twelve’s hardware innovation needs, as well as conducting later-stage product development for key hardware and software components of our technology. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of leadership, scaling up teams and products, driving innovation, and working to aggressive timelines.
What you will do
- Reporting directly to the CTO, the Vice President of Engineering will manage the workflow of the hardware & software engineering team as a tactical, organized, results oriented leader
Oversee the hardware and software engineering on Twelve’s technology development teams responsible for test stands, fabrication support, software, and stack hardware
- Prototype, plan timelines, and rapidly iterate to move from prototype to product
- Develop world-class technical leaders in the group to develop and scale Twelve’s technology
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to the engineering teams in order to maximize the pace of innovation and development
- Build upon Twelve’s collaborative culture with a strong focus on creating a working environment that fosters creativity, open communication and accountability, and professional growth
- Drive first-principles thinking across the engineering organization; challenge assumptions and ensure that engineering decisions have been properly analyzed/evaluated
- Establish and implement the strategic direction of the company’s engineering and development initiatives
- Facilitate communication and collaboration across multiple technical teams
- Engage in continuous performance management to coach, recognize, celebrate, and inspire excellence while clearly communicating expectations and holding teams accountable
- Take initiative to explore, create, evangelize, and implement innovative technologies when appropriate to advance the business
- Foster a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies Twelve's values and continue to develop Twelve as one of the best places to work
Who you are
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in a relevant field such as mechanical/chemical engineering
- At least 10 years of experience solving hardware and software problems at the director level or above
- Experience scaling up and leading large hardware and software teams
- Ability to work on problems involving materials/chemical (not purely mechanical) engineering—direct experience not necessarily required
- Demonstrated ability to hire and grow senior leaders and managers
- Strong technical craft mastery and engineering discipline
- Deep organization capabilities, especially in regards to influence, collaboration and communication
- Ability to inspire and motivate engineers to work together as a cohesive and productive unit
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
At Twelve, it's important each employee is compensated competitively and fairly. In alignment with state legal requirements, Twelve conducts exhaustive research to understand compensation markets. A range for the included position is listed below. Be advised, actual offer details are determined by job category, job location, and candidate skill level.
Wage Range: $272,000 - $340,000
Please note that some pay bands may have wide ranges of compensation to accommodate candidate's diverse sets of skill levels.
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Want to work with us but don't see a current opening that fits your background? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.