Granular is a fast-growing climate tech startup developing a platform to help electricity consumers, producers and suppliers move towards 24/7 clean energy. Our SaaS platform gives our clients visibility over how electricity was produced on each hour using hourly energy certificates and allow them to trade clean energy with each other. You can find out more about the 24/7 energy space in this article
We are active across Europe and the US and have partnered with Europe’s leading power exchange and grid operators, among others. Our seed round was led by some of the world’s top early-stage VCs, and we are currently preparing for our next funding round.What will I be doing?
You will play a key role in identifying and engaging with potential new Granular Energy clients as well as engaging with clients during and after the onboarding process. As a very early member of the team, you will be helping to form the commercial side of our business, defining our product, and shaping our processes. There will be many opportunities for growth as our business scales.
For the first 12 months, you will play a key part in driving revenue growth across the Granular Energy product suite and ensuring our first customers are engaged. You will be an important part of a team responsible for the entire customer journey.
You will support customer operations for North America, employing a data driven approach to track and manage the organisations in our pipeline. You will be expected to build client relationships from an early stage, identify their needs and ensuring Granular Energy’s platform meets their expectations. You will also work closely with our internal team to scope product improvements and develop the roadmap of enhancements.
You will also be expected to liaise with key partners such as consultancies, power market operators and brokers. You will also be the face of Granular Energy at conferences and speaking engagements in the US and should be passionate about building the market for time-based RECs and 24x7 carbon free energy standards.
Some example activities include:
- Identifying potential clients and partners
- Delivering intro sales pitches to new clients
- Developing client-specific proposals
- Contract negotiation
- Supporting onboarding process including running of onboarding sessions
- Customer support including customer operations tasks
- Regular catch-up calls with clients
- Renewals and upsells
- Forecasting and reporting revenue growth for the senior management
- Liaising with product and tech teams on client feedbacks and needs
- Updating customer CRM / sales ops
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours and location
- Exciting, fast-paced, international start-up environment
- Competitive pay and attractive share options
- Commitment to your development
- Lots lots more!
- 3+ years’ experience in power origination/trading, utilities, energy software or relevant energy consulting
- Some experience of US energy utilities, ideally in selling (or buying) technology for utilities
- Passionate about the renewable energy and energy markets
- High degree of initiative and a commercial, entrepreneurial mindset
- Hands-on approach, with ability to quickly sort out issues
- A start-up mentality and ability to self-organise
- Experience of software / SaaS a plus
- International experience a plus
- Strong communication skills – written, presentation, public speaking
We are a remote first company so this role can be based anywhere in North America although the Eastern Timezone is preferred
You may not have all the skills and experience boxes ticked, but if you think you have much of what we’re looking for, then we’d love to hear from you.
We are passionate about supporting diversity in an industry that is severely lacking in this area. We want to hear from people of all backgrounds – if you are not sure, please send us your CV!