About the Role:
As a Greenhouse Specialist at AppHarvest, you will be joining a team at the forefront of reinventing sustainable agriculture by ensuring the successful growth and development of produce within our greenhouse.
Resume with documented work history REQUIRED!
Day Shift Hours - Working 4, 10 hour shifts - (Shift B Wed - Sat) - Start time: 6:45am
What You’ll Do:
- Adhere to all current SOP’s, procedures, inspections, and quality requirements following company guidelines.
- Responsible for training program for new employees
- Gain an understanding of all aspects of the Greenhouse operation
- Operating machinery including automated seeder, electric pallet jack, big bale breaker, scissor lift (up to 15ft) and automated harvester
- Tracking of inventory for internal controls
- Mixing stock solution tanks with fertilizer
- Assist with greenhouse preparation and clean-up while adhering to strict industry standards
- Assist the Integrated Pest Management Team by placing beneficial insects on the crop
- Report pests, diseases, and other abnormalities in the crop
- Report food safety and quality problems to your supervisor or directly to Senior Management
- Follow all safety standard operating procedures (SOP), policies, rules, regulations, etc.
- Must ensure proper cleanliness and hygiene to meet Food Safety Standard
- Meeting daily performance goals and targets
- Comply with OSHA, GMP, and other safety regulations
- Perform a variety of packaging activities and tasks
- Perform additional tasks as assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. AppHarvest reserves the right to change duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice.
What We’re Looking For:
- Stand, walk, twist, bend, sit, enter data into a computer, and/or frequently lift objects up to 50 pounds (may require sustained repetitive motion)
- Highly dependable, with a take charge personality
- Someone to work really closely with the growers
- An individual that can be self sufficient when work task are assigned
- Ability to perform work at heights of 10-15 feet on a raised trolley platform
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment with changing humidity and temperature
- Ability to inspect produce to identify color differences to help detect plant health, diseases, or nutrient deficiencies in the crop
- Ability to operate machinery
- Ability to work four 10 hour shifts weekly (which will include weekend work)
- Agriculture and produce packing experience is preferred but not required
- Goodwill Soft Skills Certificate or Work Ready Certificate preferred but not required
- A motivated team-player with strong communication skills, attention to details and quality-focused
- Attention to detail and sense of urgency required.
Working conditions / Physical Requirements:
- Must have the ability to adapt to temperature extremes, such as hot and cold. Being comfortable working in temperatures ranging between 36°F and 46°F for extended periods of time in Packhouse to +100°F in the summer in the Greenhouse
- Must be comfortable working at heights up to 15 feet
- Ability to stand for a full 10-hour shift on concrete floors
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch and bend
- Must be able to work at a steady pace and must be detailed oriented
- Must have a reliable form of transportation
- Open availability to work various work schedules including weekends
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Must be comfortable working near moving mechanical parts