At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are looking for a Sr Staff Certification Engineer to join our team. The goal of an Sr Staff Certification Engineer at Wisk is to ensure that we achieve Type Certification as well as support continued airworthiness and sustaining engineering efforts.
Why we need you:
- With that vision in mind, we are looking for an Sr Staff Certification Engineer to join our Certification team. The goal of the Sr Staff Certification Engineer at Wisk is to define a path to build and certify the first fully autonomous all-electric aircraft that performs and operates safely in an urban air-mobility environment. In support of this goal, you will be part of the Certification team that supports all systems and equipment elements of the aircraft Your goal is to make sure that all Systems and Equipment have detailed means of compliance and that the applicable functional teams are aligned in the goal of achieving Type Certification of our aircraft and systems.
- The successful candidate is respected in the aerospace engineering community as a highly knowledgeable and experienced technical leader who has direct hands-on experience developing and building type certified aircraft, from initial concept through flight testing and certification, with the technical breadth necessary to interface with all engineering functions such as Systems & Safety Engineering, Hardware, Software, Manufacturing and Test.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with the regulatory authority (FAA) and internal engineering team to establish the certification basis for the aircraft systems and equipment as well as the means of compliance.
- Engagement with Standard Design Organizations and other industry groups to ensure consensus standards meet company objectives
- Engagement with industry associations on topic specific issues important for long term business models.
- Engagement with foreign regulatory agencies to ensure alignment with FAA Type Certification
- Development of Issue Papers and/ELOS for new and novel equipment and systems
- Coordinate and develop Certification Plans
- Build and coordinate a team of both internal company DER’s as well as consultant DER’s
- Compliance documentation review prior to FAA submittal
- Design review and assignment of applicable regulations
- Major/Minor evaluation of design changes in support of sustaining engineering
What you have done:
- 15+ years of aviation experience in one of the following Parts; 23, 25, 27 and 29 Type Certification with a strong understanding of Part 23 Certification preferred.
- Strong understanding of Systems and Equipment (Subpart F) qualification methods and means of compliance.
- BS, MS preferred
- Hand on experience working on type certification of an aircraft from concept to issuance of type certificate
- Working knowledge of ARP4754 and ARP4761
- Working knowledge of RCTA DO-160, DO-178 and DO-254
- Previous experience integrating systems and equipment into an all new aircraft design.
- Experience working with and alongside regulators on novel technologies.
- Execution of a Part 23 Type Certificate program from beginning to end.
Who you are:
Compensation and Benefits:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player
In addition to offering a great work environment and the opportunity to be part of the team making electric autonomous flight a reality, at Wisk, we offer excellent total rewards which include a competitive base salary, annual bonus, long term incentive, 401K, health benefits and much more.
Job Type: Full-timePay Range the Company expects to pay: $140,505 - $214,700
per year - The starting base salary within this range for this role varies based on factors such as your geographical location, and your relevant job-related experience that is consistent with a business necessity.
We are headquartered in Mountain View, CA, and have a satellite office in Atlanta, GA. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.