About Wildlife Works
Wildlife Works is a community-centered wildlife conservation company that implements market-based initiatives to protect the planet’s threatened wilderness and endangered wildlife. The company was founded on the premise that if we want wildlife in our world, it has to work for local communities who share their environment. Wildlife Works’ conservation projects drive direct financing to forest communities to fund their own economic development while preventing millions of tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions from entering the atmosphere annually.
Wildlife Works' successful community-centered conservation projects around the world are sources of endless rich and impactful climate action stories, films and thought leadership. As new projects are launched to scale our conservation work, The Global Editorial Producer will produce and manage Wildlife Works’ digital storytelling platform to elevate our work with Indigenous and local community partners and promote our style of positive, human-centered stories within the mainstream climate narrative. The ideal candidate will have a passion for global cultures and climate justice, be a skillful storyteller and proven success and creativity producing in a fast-paced, global context.
- Develop and manage global storytelling content strategy for key audiences hierarchy
- Execute and manage production process with a global, distributed workforce
- Develop, launch and manage digital media platform
- Manage and continuous training of existing regional communications team members to source and produce stories
- Collaborate with regional directors to source and manage contract storytellers to supplement communications capacity gaps
- In collaboration with in-house filmmaker, manage and produce stories for both film and written formats
- In collaboration with in-house writer and climate communications specialist, write and edit draft articles produced from regional teams
- In collaboration with in-house online and partnerships marketing specialist, identify and manage content partnerships with climate and conservation influencers and writers
- Travel internationally once per quarter to project sites
- Bachelor’s degree in Writing or Journalism or related field
- 10 years of editorial production experience in the field of global culture, conservation or climate, with at least 2 years of that experience managing editorial production for magazine or digital media platform
- Experience and/ or shown passion for advancing social justice
- Exceptional experience working with different cultural settings and sensitivities
- Excellent writing skills, with robust attention to detail
- Other languages a plus - specifically French or Spanish
- The ability and desire to travel nationally and internationally.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Preference given to candidates in California, North Carolina and Vermont
- Health Care Plan with Fertility Benefits
- Dental and Vision
- 401K with Company Match
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary, AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Sick, Vacation, Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability