Redaptive is looking for a Preconstruction Engineer, Onsite Generation & Storage, for our India team who will work closely with global leadership and be the culture champion for the Redaptive India team. The role will involve partnering with preconstruction executives and other teams to lead initiatives such as pricing analysis, identifying the gaps with pricing and scope of work, and developing historical data base for costing activities across different technologies. We are looking for someone who thrives in an ambiguous, fast paced environment, can use great judgement to make decisions and display empathy and resilience. You will need to be creative and collaborative with problem solving and execute team wide initiatives. You will need to have uncomfortable conversations with utmost objectivity and candor while upholding the Redaptive values.
- Collaborate with the Product team to assess and validate solar equipment- including modules, inverters, racking, optimizers etc.
- Creating various scopes of work documents based on project specifications and design documents.
- Reviews design scopes and develop BOM to develop itemized costs
- Develop and issue RFI/RFP templates to vendors, suppliers, and subcontractors
- Work with internal project stakeholders to gather all relevant information to prepare accurate project estimates including Engineering, Construction, Project Management, Deal Development, Procurement, Origination, and other departments as needed
- Assists in preparation and review of lump sum, unit rate, PVBid software cost estimation and conceptual estimating cost analysis
- Prepares contingency, escalation, and reconciliation for estimates
- Performs comparisons of scope, quantities, and cost data between projects and maintain historical cost data using PVBid software for estimation correction purposes.
- Prepare comparison of current and previous estimates and actualized project costs
- Develops tools to enhance estimation and budget tracking competencies and ability to produce accurate estimates in a timely manner
- Challenge budget line-items as needed with the objective of achieving the most optimized estimates
- Review and analyze existing work breakdown structures utilized in estimates and budgets for optimization and improvements
- Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements
Job Requirements / Qualifications
About Redaptive Inc.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Equivalent experience.
- 5 -10 years of experience in the energy efficiency/Renewable Energy business in an analytical, estimation, and budgeting capacity
- Ability to quickly understand the basics of a variety of subjects relating to Solar energy, including civil and electrical engineering designs and detailed drawings, purchase orders and change orders, construction related processes.
Nice to Have:
- Strong knowledge of currently available estimating software and tools and Microsoft Office
- Project software, Excel modelling techniques
- Strong initiative and self-starter who can take on, own, and drive unstructured tasks independently
- Estimation and budgeting experience on large capital projects
- Ability to prepare estimates and budgets with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of an interdependent team
- Ability to quickly learn the company's existing estimating/budgeting and scheduling systems and to provide recommendations to enhance the current process
Redaptive is the leading Energy-as-a-Service company that enables businesses to meet largescale energy efficiency and strategic technology objectives. With over $1 billion in project lending capacity, Redaptive deploys best-in-class energy efficiency technologies across large commercial real estate portfolios through a unique, data driven shared savings model. Redaptive is backed by CarVal, ENGIE New Ventures, Linse Capital, CBRE, Evergy Ventures and CPP Investments.
Our company culture is fun, collaborative, and fast paced. We are passionate about changing the world and helping our customers to become more environmentally sustainable and profitable. We are looking for team members who are driven, passionate, and want to take on a diverse set of challenges to help grow a great company. Redaptive, Inc is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.This employer participates in E-Verify.CCPA Notice for California Job ApplicantsPlease, no third-party recruiters.